The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#68411 - 11/18/05 06:39 PM Forty abandoned kittens!
ladybug Offline

In our news today a woman was sentenced to a night in the park by a judge here in Ohio.

The reason? She abandoned 40 kittens that she said someone "dropped on her doorstep." She left the kittens in two parks. When they were found nine of them were dead or had to be euthanized.

She claims that the local animal shelter refused to take them. The director of the humane society denied that her agency refused to help this woman.

The woman agreed to spend a night in the woods because she cannot afford to spend 90 days in jail. She will be under the watchful eye of a park ranger.

She said, "it's inhumane for the judge to send me out in the cold with nothing but the clothes on my back."

Ladies, please consider that when I work up yesterday my outdoor thermometer read 26 degrees and today it started out a 24 degrees. Is it cold here now, heck yes!

What do you think of this story? Makes your blood boil doesn't it for those poor kittens.

While I was reading the story, Benny jumped up on the table and put his paw in my hand then nuzzled my hand and licked it.

#68412 - 11/19/05 01:00 AM Re: Forty abandoned kittens!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Inhumane my ___! She has no room to complain, and good Judge!!! I hope this case makes a new precedent for future offenders.

I almost want to bet she owns the kits parents of which she has neither neutered nor spayed.

#68413 - 11/19/05 04:02 AM Re: Forty abandoned kittens!
ladybug Offline

Don't people like this just make you sick?

#68414 - 11/19/05 06:24 AM Re: Forty abandoned kittens!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Something very fishy here, no cat in the world has 40 babies at once. I wonder what their ages were. She sounds like a horder nthat changed her mind for some reason. The B-witch is lucky I wasn't the judge...
This is the kind of thing I have seen and worked with for years, and yes it does make us sick...

#68416 - 11/19/05 06:58 AM Re: Forty abandoned kittens!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Ladybug, I'm not sure where you live, but where I am, the humane society won't accept cats either. I've tried and they won't even discusss it.

smile

#68417 - 11/19/05 09:40 PM Re: Forty abandoned kittens!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We adopted our cat from our local humane society. As far as I know, they don't turn any animal away, although some of them end up in foster homes because they don't have space at the shelter.

I've heard of other shelters that do say "no" however. It makes me really sad.

#68418 - 11/20/05 12:07 AM Re: Forty abandoned kittens!
ladybug Offline

My husband agrees with all you ladies who say the 40 kitten thing sounds fishy. One of the little angels was only four weeks old.

The city is Painesville, Ohio which is nearly 60 miles or so to the east of me.

I was really angry to see the section of our paper asking people's opinions of the judge's decision. While most people agreed that she got off easy someone actually said they would've dumped the kittens too.

Oh, by the way. She's still got some jail time coming and a stiff monetary penalty to pay.

This judge did, indeed, want to send a message to people about animal cruelty.

Also, a couple of the people submitting their opinion suggested maybe childrens services need to check up on this woman's own children. Surely a person who would do this to helpless kittens can't be much of a mother herself.

#68419 - 11/23/05 10:22 PM Re: Forty abandoned kittens!
MossPatch Offline

Loc: Midwest
I applaud the judge. Seems he has a history of outside-the-box sentences. I wouldn't want the woman to suffer permanent frost-bite damage, because then she could sue. I'd just want her to spend the night being far too cold to sleep; and hungry, I'd want her to be very hungry, too.

My local pound has had to close down. And the next nearest animal shelter is open only a few hours a day. Space and money is so limited. Sad.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved