The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#68037 - 08/22/05 08:21 AM hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
gypsyheart Offline

Loc: Texas
I just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I am a full time working nurse,have a horse rescue and am working diligently to put an end to the slaughter of wild and domestic horses. I love the chance to meet new friends and exchange beloved pet stories. I have at my rescue: an arabian gelding,a belgian draft mare,a pregnant mini , a mini donkey,4 dogs and a cat.I look forward to meeting you all. God Bless Gypsy

[ August 22, 2005, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: gypsyheart ]

#68038 - 08/23/05 06:20 AM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Gypsy, I've been hectic at home and unable to get here long enough to catch-up on all the news. So I only just noticed your post. I'm not a pet-owner and have never really felt any connection to animals, but I DO want to welcome you to this site and assure you that there are a lot of animal lovers here. I think there are also other women here from Texas, if memory serves me right.

I'm from Canada, but have been in Houston, Texas once, while en route from Halifax Nova Scotia to Alberqueque way back in the early 1980's. I remember those few moments very well. I walked out of the airport to get a breath of fresh air (after already being in transit for close to 10 hours by that point - it was the cheap "milk route" with lots of stops along the way). I stepped out those airport doors and got hit by a huge brick wall of the hottest air I'd ever felt in my life. After living by the ocean, that scorching heat took my breath away! I tried to stay outside for a few minutes, but just couldn't handle it.

After staying a month in New Mexico, I got more acclimatized and was able to enjoy the hotter weather. So much so, that it took me awhile to get used to the humid coolness of the ocean air again.

Anyway, another long-winded story, but behind it is a warm and caring welcome!

[ August 22, 2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#68039 - 08/23/05 03:31 PM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome Gypsy! I am an animal lover and indeed there are a LOT of us here. What a wonderful "mission" you have in rescuing horses. Bless your heart for caring - I guess you must have a fairly large chunk of property or ranch where you keep the animals? You must really be one busy girl if you are a full-time nurse AND take care of rescuing horses too.

We're glad to have you join us here...you will find LOTS of wonderful women in the Boomer Bunch and I hope you can tell us more about your rescue operation....

#68040 - 08/24/05 12:30 AM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
gypsyheart Offline

Thank you both so very much for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting new friends. God Bless Gypsy

#68041 - 08/24/05 02:42 AM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I use to own a rescued Arabian name of Rasaga and my young son had an Appalosa named Buckwheat. We had a nice piece of property then but gave the horses to a wonderful man and his wife who also fostered and cared for old horses from the race track that couldn't run anymore. This was in Wauconda Illinois. I am friends with Linda Blair who is the champion of Horse rescuers for PETA. It is her lifes work as well.
I welcome you with open arms and admire you for the size of your heart and mind....

#68042 - 08/24/05 06:33 AM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
gypsyheart Offline

Thank you again for the warm welcome. I do not mean to come on so strong but time is short and there is much at stake for the future of horses .I would ask each of you who care about horses(or animals) to please write your senators & representatives NOW !!! They will be voting on important amendments HR503 & Hr 297 & The Sweeney Amendment that would stop horse slaughter forever. Wild horses are being rounded up from the east,the west,the north and the south. Most will be bought up by kill buyers and sent to slaughter! They will cease to exhist....... unless we help them.HR503 and HR 297 will stop this atrocity once and for all.Here is great info. Thanks for every pen,every voice,every call,... may our voices ring loud and strong. http://www.horse-protection.org/ http://www.justsaywhoa.org/ http://www.inpursuitofhonor.com/ Thank you in advance for your help. GypsyHeart one voice-one vote

#68043 - 08/29/05 06:15 PM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm not sure what all that is. Can you please tell us?

#68044 - 08/29/05 06:15 PM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm not sure what all that is. Can you please tell us?

#68045 - 08/29/05 08:16 PM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Welcome to this forum, Gypsie.
Songbird

#68046 - 08/30/05 12:02 AM Re: hello newbie here......anyone love horses?
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Gypsy are you looking for voices to protest the slaughtering of horses in Texas for consumption?

With care
Leigha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved