The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#94836 - 11/11/06 02:28 PM Dog breakdown???
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I don't know if it's because I've been traveling so much or spending too much time on the computer but my dog is seriously upset with me.

Yesterday she pooped on the middle of our bed! And, when I found it she looked at me like, "How do you like that?" No remorse or fear of being scolded.

What is going on with her?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94837 - 11/11/06 07:45 PM Re: Dog breakdown??? [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
She feels ignored and is pissed at you. She goes POOP, thinks, so there!!! Don't forget she has just been moved claer across the country, no yard to play in anymore, too much turmoil and then you began leaving her a lot and being ill and one thing and another. These animals of ours have very deep feelings and are emotional beings and she has had enough! She is looking for your attention even if its the negative kind.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94838 - 11/12/06 12:30 AM Re: Dog breakdown??? [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

My daughter's little Bichon is having some difficulty with the new baby in the house. We think that after 5 months she has finally gotten the idea that the baby is going to stay. But...she does pee more now on the rugs than before, and she is constantly taking the baby's rattles, binky, stuffed toys, whatever she can get. I told my daughter, remember...she was there first, little Katie is an intrusion. They try to give her private time, and walking and petting, etc. but it seems it will take a bit longer for the adjustment. Yesterday, Katie was petting her from her exersaucer and grabbed a chunk of hair and pulled. Poor puppy gave out a loud yelp! I hope they become friends soon!

#94839 - 11/12/06 04:31 AM Re: Dog breakdown??? [Re: Pam R.]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'll try to give her more attention. I took her for a long walk today but it was inside the building because it's so cold outside. She got to see and visit with some of her "fans." She's never done anything like this before.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94840 - 11/12/06 10:01 AM Re: Dog breakdown??? [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Shes just upset and thats the way it comes out in some dogs who are deeply hurt and angry at their momma. She has had a lot to deal with in a short period of time. Love her, allow her to sit with you, pet and fuss over her when you're there and she will probably be just fine.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#94841 - 11/12/06 02:55 PM Re: Dog breakdown??? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks. She wants me to cuddle up with her on the sofa in the middle of the afternoon so she can take a nap. Sometimes, I don't have time to do it. Maybe I'll save my reading for that time. I should be Jewish with all the guilt around here!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#94842 - 11/12/06 07:18 PM Re: Dog breakdown??? [Re: Dianne]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Poor baby. Chatty's right. She's upset with you. She's acting out because she's not getting enough of your attention. Using her cuddle time as reading time is a good idea. Sit quietly with her, stroking her head, letting her know you're there for her. She'll get over being mad at you.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#94844 - 11/13/06 01:47 PM Re: Dog breakdown??? [Re: ]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

We took her for a long ride in the car yesterday and she loved it.

When I read, I have to lie down on the sofa with her between my legs with her blanket covering her. IG's have this thing about sleeping between legs. Probably because they were bed warmers many years ago.

It's ugly outside weather wise so she can't or won't go outside so that probably adds to her depression. I walk her around the inside of the building and she gets to see her fans so it helps some.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved