The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#68735 - 03/02/06 04:55 PM have you ever seen...
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
the ghost or spirit of a deceased pet?

Kelly

#68736 - 03/02/06 06:22 PM Re: have you ever seen...
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Not me, but my children swear they have.

#68737 - 03/02/06 09:08 PM Re: have you ever seen...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
No. I don't see ghosts or spirits of humans either so I'm no help.

#68738 - 03/02/06 09:14 PM Re: have you ever seen...
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, after my Yorkie Margox died I thought I heard her footsteps in the hall . I could hear the creek as she use to walk across the hall and then it soon stopped . We thought we saw her once after she died , she use to greet us at the door . I guess it was just missing her so much.

#68739 - 03/02/06 09:56 PM Re: have you ever seen...
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
After the elderly dog that I adopted, passed away I gave his ashes to his previous owner. He told me later that night, he put the ashes on his fireplace mantle along with a picture of the dog. He fell asleep, sitting in his recliner and said he saw the dog walk into the room and say, "I'm okay, I'm okay."

This isn't a hysterical type of man.

#68740 - 03/02/06 10:45 PM Re: have you ever seen...
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
After we had our schnauzer put to sleep (we'd had him for 13 years) I swear I would see a shadow by the door wall - where he would sit and wait for someone to let him in. He was not one to bark or scratch the door - just sit and wait and wait and wait. This lasted for about 6 months.

He would also lie underneath the dining room table to avoid being stepped on. Very often I would walk past the dining room door and catch a fleeting glance of a shadow there too.

Several years later when we brought home our 'rescue' dog (a pure bread dachsund, 6 years old) I would often feel the schnauzer's presence. Stalking his teritory perhaps.

#68741 - 03/03/06 12:26 AM Re: have you ever seen...
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
When my mother's dog, Amy, a white French poodle they had for 13 yrs. died, my parents buried her in a box in the flower bed of their home right outside the living room window, along with some of her favorite toys. She used to sleep often on the couch in their formal living room.

About a month after Amy was put to sleep, I was sleeping on my parent's couch while visiting them. During the night I swear I felt Amy jump on my tummy like she used to do and take exception to my lying on her couch because she was ready to sleep. I actually felt her drop onto my stomach like she had weight.

It scared me so badly that I went upstairs and crawled into bed with my mom but never told her the reason why. I just told her I could'nt sleep.

#68742 - 03/03/06 01:32 AM Re: have you ever seen...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was once owned by a beautiful Doberman named Shadow. I got him when he was 6 weeks old and he and I were inseperable. Where I was, he was and when I had to go out without him, he sat at the bay window of our home watching for me...He loved to have his picture taken and was in all the pictures of birthdays, Christmas, picnics etc. At 15 years he died after a short illness, a month before my birthday. My son was taking pictures, as I blew out the candles of the cake he snapped one. When it was developed right over my left shoulder was a darkened figure and everyone whos seen it said it looked like Shadow sitting there. I knew it WAS Shadow because everynight I felt his weight across my legs in bed just like when he was alive. I hesitate to tell this story to most people as they just look at me with a blank expression on their face. Well, I'm here to tell you that Shadow was with me for nearly a year then one day he was gone. I have experienced seeing other deceased animals out of the corner of my eye or hearing them meow or feeling them near me. I am glad to hear I am not alone in this miracle of love..

#68743 - 03/03/06 01:36 AM Re: have you ever seen...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh and before I forget I posted a neat item under Hints, etc. that apparently no one read so here is the info again for all you pet owners.... Check out this site for one of the best products I have ever used, bar none....good for cats odor, dogs odor, even birds, hampsters etc. plus even old stains disappear....

ZeroOdorPet.com [Wink]

[ March 02, 2006, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#68744 - 03/03/06 03:13 AM Re: have you ever seen...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Those stories are so heart warming! As a child we had a cat and after she died I would often feel her at my feet as I slept. I awoke one night and called for her, but of course she was not "physically" there.

Also as a child, one of our mares died, her name was Cheetah, and I could have sworn I saw her ascend into heavan -- but again I was only 5 or 6.

Sadly, about 2.5 years ago I had to have my dog euthanized and the night before it happened I dreamed that he would try to make a "second chance" and get away from the vet tech. I did not have the guts nor heart to be there and my step-father and his daughter took care of the affair, both crying and calling me 2X enroute, pulling the car off the road to cry. I've been to funerals and never heard my step-father cry like that, in deep sobs. They called a 3rd time when it was over and told me that he "tried to make a go of it" about 15 minutes after being injected. I felt so awful. It hurt more than my divorce. But, it was the right thing to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved