The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 99 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#68023 - 08/11/05 05:55 AM Surprise Home Visit
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
The doorbell rang this afternoon...(and of course I still hadn't showered & looked a wreck!)...

There was a man from where we adopted our puppy standing on the porch. They were doing a home check on her.

I had thrown a bisquit into the hall & slammed the door so she couldn't come to the front door..
I let her out so he could see she was a happy--well fed puppy!!! [Smile]

I was shocked that they did a home inspection! I was thankful it wasn't one of the times I was yelling at her to stop eating a bush--or today she emptied my tomato planter & was running around the yard with it!!! [Smile]

We love our puppy! She's under the desk...just caught her trying to eat the bathroom rug!!! [Embarrassed]
That dog won't eat dry food alone--but she'll eat anything & everything else! [Smile]

#68024 - 08/11/05 07:06 AM Re: Surprise Home Visit
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
That's funny Kay! BTW, one of the meanings of Kay is "happy" from the Celts. That's my middle name...love it, love it, love it.

The Fed Ex driver comes to our house yesterday. I was in the shower, trying to rush like crazy to get to town for a funeral. I'm sure he's been telling all over the county about me meeting him in a bathrobe, my wet hair screwed up in a towel and slippers on my feet.

#68025 - 08/12/05 12:32 AM Re: Surprise Home Visit
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I love puppies. I like to go to the pet store and watch all the little puppies in their cages. If I could, I'd buy up each and every one of them. But, I can't, so I pray that they all go to good, safe homes.

Our dog is going to be 2 yrs old this month, and I still remember his puppy chewing days. He still likes to chew a lot so we make sure to keep him supplied with rawhide chews. You can't walk from one room to the other, without stepping over a rawhide bone. But, trust me, I'd rather do that, then keep replacing furniture, shoes, and anything else he can get his little teeth onto. My rocking chair in my office still bears the scars of Jack's puppy days.

#68026 - 08/15/05 04:06 AM Re: Surprise Home Visit
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
We found more stray socks around the house today! That dog is getting into the laundry basket of dirty clothes!!! [Razz] I gave her 2 to chew...but she doesn't want those of course! [Smile]

I need to make a rawhide bone run....the Dollar Tree store has them for $1---and they are pretty decent size!! [Smile] But I walked out spending $18 last time I went there....dangerous store!! And I only pick up things you can't eat!!! [Smile] (I am skitish about eating candy/food from one of those stores!)

#68027 - 08/15/05 04:37 AM Re: Surprise Home Visit
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Please be very careful if your puppies or even older dogs chew on material such as socks. The material can fray and the animal can choke to death on the long strings. My girlfriend Glory, the vet has operated on numerous dogs with string around their intestines or stuck around their wind pipe and several never made it for surgery. Also she said it doesn't disintegrate in the stomach and is hard for them to pass in their stool....We are the mommies and need to watch this closely. [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved