The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#67556 - 01/24/05 04:49 AM new kitten
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Tuesday past I brought a kitten from the barn to the house. She's a tiny little thing, probably eight weeks or younger, and too small to have been weaned. I've been watching her for a while and thought she was doing okay but then, she wasn't. I've been vetting on her...antibiotics, ear mite meds, de-wormer and she's getting stronger. She's a black/orange/gray calico with plenty of spunk, now at least, and in my lap on her back as I type.

I told Dave I'm getting her strong and well and then will find a home for her. Dave is thinking we'll keep her; he likes the way she brings down my blood pressure. My old cat friend, Zoe, died a couple of months ago and I've missed having a cat in my lap...hmmmm, there's a book title...

This little one hasn't told me her name yet but she will, in time. I told Dave her name was Weenie because she's a Halloween cat but he said nope, not her. So, we wait for her to tell us her name.

#67557 - 01/24/05 05:03 AM Re: new kitten
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
quote:
She's a black/orange/gray calico with plenty of spunk
Awwww..

How 'bout "Spunky" or "Beepie" short for B P (blood pressure?) [Embarrassed]

Bless her 'lil heart, I love all God's creatures and said a prayer to ask for her healing.

Stay safe in the snow and cold, Thistle.

Being from Canada, I can relate a bunch.

chickadee

#67558 - 01/24/05 05:08 AM Re: new kitten
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I've said a prayer for that little spunky kitten of yours too Thistle. She sounds gorgeous. They say petting animals does bring down your blood pressure.....I know it relaxes me to have Sam, our cat, on my lap and available for petting! We both get a lot out of that deal I think.

Good luck with the "new baby" and let us know what SHE decides her name is OK? [Wink]

[ January 23, 2005, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: Pam Kimmell ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved