The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67533 - 01/03/05 04:10 PM Pomeranian Info Please
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Does anyone have a Pomeranian pup or any small dogs? When my sister in law passed we took home her black pomeranian. She's cute as a button, but I'm not exactly sure, how much to feed her. I had a shepherd and have cats. Ebony Rose is aprox. 2 years old. Also any ideas on what is the best dog food for her? She is very well trained but I think she is a little depressed as she isn't very playful and sleeps alot. Is this normal for them? Any ideas as to how to help her adjust? She was the apple of her Mommy's eye and I want to do the best I can for her.
Thanks!

#67534 - 01/03/05 09:11 PM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Tvc, gosh I never thought about pets when their owners die. How sweet of you to take her.

I'm no help. Where's chatty when you need her? I'd say check with the vet or do an online search. I hope she cheers up soon. [Wink]

#67535 - 01/03/05 10:14 PM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm right here being sick BUT never fear I would not miss the Boomer forum. I have two small yorkies now and have always had a chihuahua, Maltese or some small dog even when I raised Dobermans. My very first pet was a little Pomeranian. Now at 2, this dog should be very lively and playful BUT she has deep feelings and doesn't understand death as we know it. All she knows is that for some reason her mommy isn't there and most animals think they did something wrong. Just love her as much as you can and hopefully she will get through this, not all animals do....her entire world has been turned upside down and shes pining. I feed Reeta & Rosee 1/2 cup of Eukanuba mixed with 1/2 can of Mighty Dog. She'll eat what she wants when she wants. I always leave dry Eukanuba down next to the water dish as well so they can munch some if they want to. Poor baby is lucky she has someone like you to love her. She may be depressed for awhile or just off and on....It should pass.

#67536 - 01/04/05 03:58 PM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
TVC15 Offline

Thanks for the info ladies! I guess she is eatting enough. I was worried but my husband keeps saying that's because I am used to feeding a german shepherd. She really is a good dog. I do think she misses her mommy though. And she follows me around like she is afraid I will disappear too.

#67537 - 01/04/05 07:02 PM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I am going to cry . How sweet little girl. Give her lots of love from all of us animal lovers. I send her a kiss from Auntie Nancy.

She knows that you are her mommy now and maybe she is afraid you are going to leave her. Oh, you are wonderful to take her in and love her. I would have done the same thing. [Wink]

#67538 - 01/04/05 07:04 PM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
TVC15 Offline

Thank you Nancy, I will! She needs all the auntie's she can get.

#67539 - 01/05/05 03:57 AM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well she has the Queen of Dog Aunties in me and for any reason if you can't keep her, I'll take her. That sweet angel is confused right now and needs all the love and attention she can get from you. So long as she has a bowel movement every day, even a small one chances are shes eating enough. Do you know what she was eating before? Its best not to change their diets if not absolutely necessary. Its also best to leave dry food down so she can (and she will) nibble at will. [Wink] [Big Grin]

#67540 - 01/05/05 04:02 AM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Yes, I will take her also. It is lonely here without my baby .... I still cry some ... Just lots of love .... And lots of Auntie's ...and kisses... Ahh..... sweet girl.

#67541 - 01/05/05 04:48 AM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Darn it Nancy don't make me come there and take you to the animal shelter by the hand to look for a baby that needs a mommy as much as you need a baby. Don't wait one minute longer, do it now. You have so much love to give and I bet there is at least one poor loittle homeless baby out there that needs that love, hey maybe even two. I would never have just one, as they are company for one another. Please do this so you can begin to heal. I lost my two each 14 years old and I had them since they were 8 weeks. I nearly died from crying and throwing up, it was not a pretty sight. But then I looked untyil I found my two girls and the healing began, even enought that I could also foster others....Do yourself a favor lovely lady, get a baby that needs you. [Big Grin] [Smile]

#67542 - 01/05/05 03:54 PM Re: Pomeranian Info Please
TVC15 Offline

I agree Nancy, You should look for another baby that needs you. Having Ebony around is really helping all of us with our greif and I hope we are helping her with hers. I took her to the pet store yesterday. She was the center of attention. It was funny to watch how complete strangers melt when they see a cute little puppy dog. Everyone had to pet her or compliment her. It was the most fun I've had in about a month.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved