The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 50 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214852 - 09/30/11 09:13 PM When we were young and
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
time passed so slowly. Especially when attending school! The months dragged by it seemed but now it is already nesarly October. It seems like we just started September. OMG! Time just flys by since we're on the other side of 50...!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#214889 - 10/02/11 01:42 AM Re: When we were young and [Re: chatty lady]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
I definitely agree with you, Chatty. I always thought the months after Christmas just dragged by. Maybe that's because of gloomy winter weather, plus there were no school holidays until Good Friday.

#214948 - 10/06/11 05:52 PM Re: When we were young and [Re: Sandy N.]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The only time that drags for me is when I'm in a doctor or dentist's office or doing something I'd really rather not do. Other than that time flies so fast it makes my head spin.

#214978 - 10/07/11 08:59 PM Re: When we were young and [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I believe the weather has a lot to do with how fast or slow
time passes Sandy...

#214988 - 10/08/11 10:40 AM Re: When we were young and [Re: chatty lady]
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
Hi Chatty, Sometimes I think it's because we look at things differently over 50; for example, I too dreaded the month of January when I was young, as the holidays were over, and the weather was cold. Now, I look at January as new beginnings, time to clean the closets and try those soup/stew/chili recipes. I also use January as an excuse to buy a new purse for no other reason than it makes me feel great.

#215052 - 10/16/11 01:41 PM Re: When we were young and [Re: lindasusan]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I loved winter when I was young. Now I don't like winter much.
Love the other seasons, however. Currently, the colored leaves warm my spirit.

Chatty,
I heard this on RFD-TV a few weeks ago. [Life is like toilet paper; the closer to the end we get, the faster it goes.]

#215474 - 11/16/11 10:42 PM Re: When we were young and [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Boy isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!

#216293 - 01/30/12 02:09 PM Re: When we were young and [Re: chatty lady]
Joanj Offline

I think there is so much to fill every minute of our day anymore that time seems to pass so quickly we can't fit it all in. I think sometimes time seemed to drag when we were kids because we had to provide our own entertainment and at times that entertainment was just sitting in the back yard, looking up at cloud formations in the sky.

I loved TV when I was a kid but with only one TV station and very little on for children at that time, we didn't spend much time at that. I loved reading too but there were so few books out there for kids that I ended up reading and re-reading the same Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden books.

Nowadays, kids have so much entertainment right at their fingertips that time goes much faster for them. Plus they are always at either birthday parties or soccer practice or some kind of organized sports.

Nobody has time for time to drag anymore-lol

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved