The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#141889 - 02/11/08 02:53 PM Beatle Mania
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Beatle Mania

Saturday night I was swept into a boomer heaven time warp.
Another couple, my husband and I went out for a night on the town. This is a fun couple that enjoys a good time. They’re always up for anything, so when we mentioned a show, they were in.

It was a gorgeous winter evening in Baltimore, which means warmer than usual, so everyone was heading toward the city. I’m not sure where everyone else was going, but we were anxious to get to Regi’s for what turned out to be, a very quick bite to eat, (we got stuck in traffic and arrived late).

Rain: The Beatle’s Experience was at the Hippodrome and we were psyched to get there. After scarfing down our dinner and wine, we were on our way to the theater. Pulling in the parking garage, we were reminded by all the surrounding boomers that we were in for a treat. There may have been a few twenty-somethings, and a couple boomer grandchildren (“I’m taking you to hear this music and you WILL like it”), but the rest looked like a mini boomer city. There was lots of hair dye, highlights, gray hair, and balding men, and it felt so good to be a part of it.

After finding our seats, we gazed at the big screens surrounding the stage. Every couple seconds, another 60s trivia question popped up for us to consider. You could hear others whispering words like: Prell, Nixon, Kennedy, the Ed Sullivan Show. You get my drift. We were stepping back to the days of our youth.

Now I must share, that I was born in 1958. While I liked the Beatle’s music, it really was a teeny bit before my time, teeny. However, I was able to belt out all the lyrics because their music belonged to my older brother and sister. Though I may not have owned the albums or 45s, they did. I reaped the benefits.

Eventually, the bells rang, lights dimmed and the big screens showed teens of the 60s going wild while watching the Beatles live. The clothes, pointed glasses, and hairdos took you back. I was immediately in my childhood bedroom with an album on the record player. I could see the orange walls and crazy flowered contact paper we used on the inside panels of our bedroom doors to accent the lovely bright orange walls. It all flashed before my eyes. I stayed in my youth for the next couple hours. It was exhilarating.

Rain finally took the stage and they looked and sounded just like the Beatles. You could hear everyone singing along with them. I got a huge kick out of watching the balding, gray haired men, dressed most conservatively, boogying in their seats. No one could sit still, everyone’s lips were moving, smiles were plastered on faces. It was a totally feel good evening.

Then they played Imagine, and the mood changed. I couldn’t help but think how relevant that song is today. I’m was betting everyone else was thinking and feeling the same. In fact, my friend leaned over and said, “This could STILL be our theme song.” It brought tears to my eyes.

But not to take this in the wrong direction, let me get back on track. Do you recall these songs?

All My Loving
Twist and Shout
A Hard Day's Night
I'm Happy Just to Dance with You
Eight Days a Week
Help!
Yesterday
Eleanor Rigby
Yellow Submarine
Got to Get You into My Life
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
When I'm Sixty-Four
Strawberry Fields Forever
All You Need Is Love
Revolution
Yellow Submarine
All You Need Is Love
Come Together
Let It Be
I Want To Hold Your Hand
Hey Jude

Everyone a hit! They band changed sets and clothes with every album. They continued to show the crowds on the big screens, the Ed Sullivan show, commercials from the 60s, the men landing on the moon, and anything else that helped sweep you back in time. Several times they had us up dancing and singing to the music. People were swaying while holding both arms in the air with peace signs on both hands. It was magical.

We didn’t want the evening to end. If the show comes to your town, you gotta see it.

http://www.rainthebeatlesexperience.com/

http://www.regisamericanbistro.com/

http://www.france-merrickpac.com/home.html

#141890 - 02/11/08 03:02 PM Re: Beatle Mania
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Wow, Dotsie....absolutely ~~**heavenly**~! And some deja vu there I imagine! Sounds fantastic and I'll be sure to see it if I can. Sounds like my type of night out! I was/am a huge Beatles fan and still listen. We have a long time local band who does the Beatles trilogy and it's absolutely awesome. Wonderful memories!

#141891 - 02/11/08 03:07 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Oh, and I must add a few favorite...
Till there Was You
Please, Please Me (my all time fave Beatles song)
This Boy
Don't Bother Me
P.S. I Love You

#141892 - 02/11/08 04:01 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: ladyjane]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie...I joined the Rain fanclub in case they get down to Mobile. I have a couple of friends who would be fun to go with. My favoriate Beatle was Ringo...I had a Ringo Doll...wish I still had it...it's probably worth a lot of money. Oh, the things we lost or threw away.
Glad you had a fun time and I fine it cute that so many of the guys were bald...gotta love it!!!

#141893 - 02/12/08 06:33 AM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: Dee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Shucky darn, they aren't coming to this area (per the tour schedule). The closest would probably be the stop in St. Louis, MO or Huntsville, AL. Wonder why they are coming here? Or at least to Dallas. It sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Did you squeek at least one scream like a teenager, since you didn't really get to experience the authentic Beatle era?

#141894 - 02/12/08 01:04 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: gims]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Well bummer it doesn't look like they're coming anywhere near Florida.........I sure would love to see it! It sounds like a great show! I remember the first Beatles song I heard was "I Want To Hold Your Hand" when I was in the 4th grade. I was hooked. I had a major crush on Paul.

#141895 - 02/12/08 03:16 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

gims, jawjaw is near Huntsville! Call her up. Go together. Though, she isn't a big fan.

Did I scream? Don't think I did. Just sang and danced like a teen. It felt good. I decided I need to go to more concerts.

Another gorup that is good, but not as professional is a group called the Mahoney Brothers. Anone heard of them.

#141896 - 02/12/08 08:56 PM Re: Beatle Mania
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dotsie,
Enjoyed reading your Beatle Mania night on the town.
That was fun. Glad you had a ball!

#141897 - 02/12/08 10:08 PM Re: Beatle Mania [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh yeah, scream? I still haven't howled at the moon. That was one of our dares.

#141898 - 02/12/08 10:40 PM Re: Beatle Mania
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Yes...I can probably sing every word! I saw the Beatles at the baseball field in Boston -- went with 2 of my girlfriends. One of them, BJ, had gotten a letter from John which she LOST!!!!! Teenage tragedy. :-)))

I was living in NYC when John was killed. It was so very sad.

I, too, really feel Imagine speaks to me. I also like "In My Life" Rubber Soul is my favorite album.

I was a total Beatlemaniac. I even got magazines from Britain and a girl and I became penpals. We've met a few times and still correspond at Christmas. Truly amazing!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved