The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#104322 - 01/23/07 08:57 AM Craziest or outlandish thing...
gims Offline

Loc: USA
What is the most outlandish or craziest thing you have done in the past? Gone skydiving? Slept in the forest alone? Played chicken? Passed yourself off as a guy? Pawned your grandmother's best china? Or, something as simple as wrapping houses at a slumber party? Or, played the phone games with other childhood prangsters?
Come on, let us hear it?

#104323 - 01/23/07 07:52 PM Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay, I will start:

Tried to see if my VW bug could "fly" over a railroad trellis (looooooong time ago and oh, so very grounded and had to pay a pretty penny for the repairs)

Sky diving lessons (I loved this so much)

Tipped over an out house (whoa, what a mess, sorry I did this one)

Someone else's turn.

#104324 - 01/23/07 08:45 PM Hit a tree... [Re: Anno]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Before I could drive, I drove dad's standard-shift, delivery truck into a large, maple tree. I smashed the windshield, front-end and dozens of quarts of milk. That was when liquid dairy products were sold in glass bottles.
Most recently, I tried the self-taught method of non-fiction writing. My proofreaders were "so-called" friends who said, "That's good. It's a real page-turner." I believed them: all 7 of them. Of course, I had PTSD and didn't know it at the time. The manuscripts, I actually wrote two complete books, were terrible. My "good friends" shared them with others. And now the whole town thinks I'm an idiot. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder lends itself to self-expressive writing; except the author is the only person who knows what they're saying. The disorder can be cured with work. But first you need to know you have a problem. So, you see...jumping out of a plane may just be easier. My son was a paratrooper. I think he lost count of the number of jumps he did.
Ciao for now,
B. Rose

#104325 - 01/24/07 03:45 AM Re: Hit a tree... [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

I drove up a tree one time. DH (then DB) was teaching me to drive. We were on a country dirt road, he gave me permission to goose the gas and I did. I spun out and we ended up parked on a tall pine tree.

Once I thought I'd try out our daughters' dirt bike. I was being cool, popping wheelies and cutting circles. We were in my sister's huge yard and I had a great deal of room to cut up. After a few rounds, I came up on a root sticking up out of the yard and I felt like, at the speed I was going, I wasn't going to be able to miss it. So, I bailed. Ended up with the bike on its side, and me on top of it... the wheel still turning, burning my skin off my wrist with each rotation. I have a 1"x2" scar to remind me of that crazy day.

Anno, did you REALLY tip over an outhouse? Oh my word! I've heard of such, but never known anyone to do it. I bet it was gross - I remember my grandparents'. It was gross just sitting there. And skydiving, I'm envious. Don't think I could gather the nerve, but the thought of free falling sounds awesome!

bonnierae, I was cracking up, especially when you came to "And now the whole town thinks I'm an idiot.-"... Lord, you had me laughing so hard... I could actually hear you telling the story.

#104326 - 01/24/07 10:30 AM Re: Hit a tree... [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh boy gimster…that's a tough question because I could write a book about crazy things I've done.

If you want to know what the most recent craziest thing is; well I guess that was getting my motorcycle licence when I was 49. In Germany that means taking 6 weeks driving lessons, exams, and learning how to drive in hazardous conditions. Of course I stuck out like a sore thumb among a bunch of 18 year olds. After flunking the first time I passed. But even that wasn't the craziest. Two days after I got my licence, Hubby and I packed our choppers and headed south; over Switzerland, the Italian Riveria, Tirol, Southern France, right down to Monaca. We were in the saddle for 4 weeks!

It was great, with the exception of driving over the steep mountain pass in Switzerland. We drove on a mountain, Stifters Joech (8700 feet), that is known for 96 point curves. I got a crisis there. About half way up, I managed to pull my heavy bike to the side, got off, and bawled like a baby. Hubby stood there, helmet in hand and didn't know what to do with me. I remember screaming, "I'm just a little girl from Boston! What the hell are you doing to me!"

A couple of other bikers got off. They all sweet talked me, motivated me back into the saddle and accompanied me like I was some prominent person or something to the top.
There we all got together in the restaurant. They gave me hot soup and TLC.

This is a postcard of the mountain pass we drove. It has a pressed Edelweiss flower on it.
If you look closely, you can see my claw marks on the street…ha ha ha

#104327 - 01/24/07 12:08 PM Re: Hit a tree... [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Oh, Hannelore...LOL... you made my biking sound pathetically childish...LOL . and "claw marks"...LOL... are you going to try it again?
I hear the anquish in your post - pure STRESSED out! But, I bet you wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

#104328 - 01/24/07 02:10 PM Re: Hit a tree... [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Gimster, now I don't know if I'd have the nerve to drive a dirt bike! I mean that's really biking it! Ouch , skin burning off?..Try a Chopper. they are so comfy; like a living room chair...and then just drive ....straight.

Anno Was anyone in the outhouse?

#104329 - 01/24/07 03:06 PM How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hey gimster,
What's involved in wrapping a house? I never heard that term. What does it mean? Incidentally, I guess I took your topic in an unintended direction. Sorry about that. I never did anything as exciting as skydiving. I rode a high-spirited horse in the village parade; I periodically snowmobiled during the winters from '69 to 2006 and took a few horrific spills. But that's about it. I'd delete that stupid babble but don't know how. Can't find an edit for that irritating post.
Ciao for now,
B. Rose

P.S. I rolled the last motorcycle I was on.
It belonged to my ex-husband.
Perhaps, that's why he's my ex????

Edited by bonnierose333 (01/24/07 03:19 PM)

#104330 - 01/24/07 03:33 PM How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: jabber]
gims Offline

Please don't delete it, bonnierose... I got great pleasure from reading it, and someone else might, too. I definitely don't consider your recount babble.
There is a way to edit and delete, but I hope you don't use it on your posts. For reference, you'll find in each individual member's post a heading bar. In the right portion of the bar for your posts, you'll find 4 buttons, the first one of which is "Edit." If you jump into editing, you then have an option to "delete" its contents. To delete, find the "Delete this post" button at the bottom of the editing window of the edit screen.
Again, I hope you don't delete or edit it.

It's understood that interpretation is by reader, as is intention by writer - marrying the two brings about wonderful and interesting exchanges.

Wrapping houses - when I was young and went to slumber parties, the host would provide rolls of toilet tissue to be taken to a chosen schoolmate's house where the group would throw the tissue up into the trees and on the shrubs, until the yard became full of streaming white and/or colored (back when colors were popular) tissue. I never did it, because I knew my mom would've KILLED me. She once made the query as we drove by the work of a group of kids, "why don't they do something constructive, like mow the lawn?" Her tone was very indicative of her opinion and I knew she was telling us we'd better never, ever do it, much less be caught. I Googled "wrapped" house, but found nothing.

#104331 - 01/24/07 03:54 PM How...? Re: Craziest or outlandish thing... [Re: gims]
gims Offline

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved