The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 190 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66974 - 05/03/06 02:20 AM Bubble Baths
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Who takes the time today to sit and soak in a fragrant warm bubbly bath? If not, why not?? I make it a twice a week experience. I have a bath pillow for my head, candles and soft music, cool towel over my eyes then just lay back and breathe. I swear (truly) when I step out of that tub I feel and look 10 years younger. The rest of the week its a fast shower after the pool...Whats your bathing pleasure?

#66975 - 05/03/06 02:42 AM Re: Bubble Baths
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
In the cold weather I take a hot bath every night! I either pray (I have a cheap set of plastic rosary beads I keep on the faucet) or read a book. I use a little bubble bath and sometimes light candles. My husband even mounted speakers on the wall above the tub and once in a while, I listen to a praise CD.

[ May 02, 2006, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

#66976 - 05/03/06 05:00 AM Re: Bubble Baths
Mother Mystic Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
AH! How I wish I could take a bubble bath. Unfortunately, at the moment I have no working tub. Living in an old decrepit house does have its drawbacks. But in the backyard is an antique clawfoot tub we bought at a yardsale last summer...the trick is getting the loving hubby to put the damn thing in!
Remember the cute puppy and cat plastic bubble bath bottles back in the 60s? They smelled so good, like jasmine and bubble gum.

peace,
Susan

#66977 - 05/03/06 05:27 PM Re: Bubble Baths
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I love those old clawfoot tubs! My Dad used to buy old houses, fix them up, we'd live in them for awhile and then he'd buy another one and we'd do it all over again. Almost every house had a huge clawfoot tub in them. I used to love soaking in those - to a little kid, it was almost like a mini swimming pool!

It was quite disappointing when we moved into our last house and it not only didn't have a clawfoot tub, but the tub it did have was too short (or maybe I'd grown!) Anyway, I never enjoyed baths much after that, because the tubs were rarely long enough for me to stretch and relax in.

Now I love showers. Even after I have a bath, I have to rinse off with a shower. My family and friends know I love to try different shower gels, so I've received some rather fancy ones for gifts over the years. My favourite one right now is a very expensive almond oil shower gel that my stepdaughter bought me...that's one I don't share with houseguests! It's so luxurious.

#66978 - 05/03/06 08:01 PM Re: Bubble Baths
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Has anyone seen what those vintage tubs are going for these days??

I had a jetted tub in TN and it was the best.... After a day of slaving in the yard, I could fill that baby up and be in sheer heaven forever. Our new place has a tub the size of a jetted one, but no jets!!! I might have to put that on the Christmas list.

Along with the bubble baths - remember when we shampooed our hair 'once a week!!' And using orange juice cans for curlers - and sitting under our little dryers for hours? God, so glad we've evolved.

#66979 - 05/03/06 08:22 PM Re: Bubble Baths
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I use to love them. I had one but could never find a "comfortable" position to lay there and do the bubble bath thing. Give me fiberglass...LOL!

JJ

#66980 - 05/03/06 11:09 PM Re: Bubble Baths
Mother Mystic Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
We got lucky w/the tub, actually got 2 of them for $150.00. Just happened to ride by the yard sale and there they were. I'd love one of those jetted tubs!
Yes, I do remember washing my hair a lot less back then, wanting to be like the Breck girl with shiny hair, and the huge rollers. Anyone remember spoolies? I found a bunch of them when we were cleaning our house after my mother in law died (she was Queen packrat of the planet). Sold 'em on ebay. I also remember my mother tying my hair in rags to make banana curls. Ah, life before curling irons!

Susan

#66981 - 05/05/06 04:28 AM Re: Bubble Baths
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh and for those of you who have hubbys or significant others a bubble bath run for them with you as their hand maiden washing them soothingly can be a real turn on...oh yea!!!

#66982 - 05/06/06 07:43 AM Re: Bubble Baths
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Don't put bubbles in jetted tubs! We learned the hard way! Maybe we used too many, but the tub overflowedeth (new word). [Big Grin]

I take a bath every single night of the year. Hot, hot in the winter and cool in the summer unless it's cold in the house because of the air conditioning.

We have an old crappy tub, but I seem to fit just fine for now! I'll use any kind of bubbles and occasionally add baby oil to help my alligator skin.

Baths are my way of unwinding. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Chatty, I love the idea of putting a wet towel over the eyes.

Blue, listening to praise music sounds lovely, candles too! Wow.

Every now and then , rarely, I will take a glass of wine up and burn a candle. Ahh...heavenly.

I also love showers and take them in the mornings so I can wash the old hair.

#66983 - 05/12/06 06:56 AM Re: Bubble Baths
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
I prefer baths over showers and have a tub shelf that holds my lotions and potions. We've both a claw foot tub and a jetted tub but I'd just soon relax in the claw foot tub.

The thought of praise music and a bath sort of puts me off balance...can't work the old gray cells around that one. I'll read in the tub but, generally, don't listen to music much at home. At home, I need to be able to hear what's happening outside. I can tell by the animal's voices what's going on in their lives and in my pastures.

Dots, have you tried hand made soap for your dry skin? According to law, soap can *only* be fat, lye and water...anything else is detergent. Most "soaps" actually are called bath bars or some such. I can use bath wash but can't even bear to wash my hands with those bath bars...HARSH!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved