The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65924 - 11/16/05 02:52 AM Platform shoes...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Okay gals how many of you tried this invention when it hit the planet. I'm convinced they had to be invented by a man and angry short man jilted by a tall female. My friend came over this morning with a bag of these gems she found at an Estate sale. They were so high I nearly got a nose bleed. Had a couple of pairs myself but I fell off mine so to speak and twisted an ankle and was laid up for a week....I know other girls who actually broke an ankle. Anyone remember these gems??? [Confused] [Big Grin]

#65925 - 11/16/05 02:54 AM Re: Platform shoes...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Never even tried a pair on!! I don't do well with heels...I'm more of a moccasin gal.

#65926 - 11/16/05 03:23 AM Re: Platform shoes...
judym Offline

Loc: AL
I had several pairs, they were put in the attic after I married and left home. Don't know why Mom saved them, along with my roller skates!! My father always joked, "those shoes were something to see, and no self-respecting woman would wear them". He was a man of succinct opinion. My brother ditched them all when he inherited the family home, but he called first to see if I WANTED them (as if!). Those platforms were something else! Especially when you were tallish to begin with. If you got it right, the bellbottoms looked so great with them. Smooth to the nth degree. That's why the younguns are all about that now!! My sister jokes about her "Candies" since she had several pairs of them - one of her favorite stories is about when she had to run in them and lost one.Had to limp home and explain where the shoe was!! I loved my "kicks" - they were so doggone cool in the early 70's! LOL

#65927 - 11/16/05 04:33 AM Re: Platform shoes...
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Never owned a pair... can't wear high-heels either.
I'm afraid of heights. [Big Grin]

#65928 - 11/16/05 04:59 AM Re: Platform shoes...
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I never did either, Brenda. I loved YOUR excuse! That's a better one than mine. I rarely wore high-heels - just could never walk in them without hurting my toes, ankles and knees (and if I had them on too long, the pain would eventually radiate to my hips and lower back...no pleasure there at all!) I did wear them to Christmas parties and weddings. But even at my own wedding, I wore low pumps...but at least they were deliciously comfortable Italian leather low pumps. [Cool]

#65929 - 11/16/05 05:28 AM Re: Platform shoes...
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I never wore platform shoes, either . I wore high heels to work . I wore a 6 1/2A with a triple A heel back in the 60's . Today I wear a 7 M. Dance shoes and 8M. My friend she can still wear heels to this day. I have a bone spur on my heel and wear inserts now. Ho, Hum Those were the days. Still love shoes .

#65930 - 11/16/05 07:39 PM Re: Platform shoes...
ladybug Offline

I had one pair of purple, suede platform pumps. My daughter now has a pair of black suede platform boots. They look good on her long, willowy legs.
I use to wear spiked heels at work all day. I still wear them but only on dressy occasions.
Remember the wedge-soled sandals with the ankle straps? Those looked so sexy until you had the misfortune of wearing them to Cedar Point on a hot summer day where you walk miles and miles to each different ride. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought myself a pair of the thick wedge-soled sandals this past summer. They reminded me of some of the ones I use to wear with short-shorts.
I loved those 70's shoes too.

#65931 - 06/12/06 12:54 AM Re: Platform shoes...
puma Offline

Loc: xm
to celerate our 10 years ceremony.we have laid out to newish sneakers -nike and puma for all of lovely customers.And the lowest wholesale price as well as a series of camtagin is advailable for u.
Welcome to visit and trade
Contact Information

WEB: www.Puma-Mall.com

MSN : puma-mall@msn.com

E-MAIL: puma-mall@msn.com

#65932 - 06/12/06 12:55 AM Re: Platform shoes...
puma Offline

Loc: xm
to celerate our 10 years ceremony.we have laid out to newish sneakers -nike and puma for all of lovely customers.And the lowest wholesale price as well as a series of camtagin is advailable for u.
Welcome to visit and trade
Contact Information

WEB: www.Puma-Mall.com

MSN : puma-mall@msn.com

E-MAIL: puma-mall@msn.com

#65933 - 06/13/06 12:57 AM Re: Platform shoes...
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I loved my jeans platform shoes. Because I'm tall anyway, but have a short waste, I used to freak out the guys when they asked me to dance. They thought they were asking a short girl. Ha ha, I danced with them all, even the shortest ones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved