The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66786 - 03/12/06 02:26 AM Pig Tails & Pony Tails
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My mother insisted in keeping my long whispy thin blonde hair either in two braids or two ponytails. (hair to fine to stay in just one.) I hated those styles and as soon as I turned 12 they were gone forever, ah! but then forever only lasted until my first son was born and I didn't have the time to pamper myself or my hair and BLAM, out came the pony tail, only one but still the ponytail. Wore that ugly thing alot for a couple of years then put it to rest forever, again!!! Hair has been worn fairly short ever since so no chance of back sliding yet once more....

#66787 - 03/12/06 08:42 AM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
I remember having a pony tial all through school in the summer. I wore ribbons in my hair and somethimes we would make two poney tails one on the top and one on the bottom. Sometimes if my hair was pulled to tight would hurt my scalp . I use to do braids for my daughter and pony tail

I had shoulder lenght long hair in grade school . Love my black hair , now only my hairdress know my real color . Ha...

#66788 - 03/12/06 09:06 PM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I still wear pony tails. (DH likes them on me) I also wear a single pig tale now and then. (don't want to grow up yet!)

#66789 - 03/12/06 10:10 PM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I wore my hair in a pony tail in the summers it was long -- which were few and far between. My daughter still does amazing things with braids and updo's that I could never attempt. I'm not sure where she gets it from.

#66790 - 03/13/06 01:33 AM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I see alot of women here with the one long braid and it looks so pretty but I will bend to laziness and keep m ine short. Has anyone been to a beauty shop lately? My goodness just a simple cut starts at $12.00!!

[ March 12, 2006, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#66791 - 03/13/06 02:08 AM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Pony tails are back in style and I love it. The show "Desperate housewives" was significant in making them a comeback. I pony tail every day for work...there are many variations to it. It is lazier that having it short in my case.
I saw a 50 plus(maybe 60) gray haired lady wearing pigtails with a suit and let me tell you, she looked classy. She had pulled the elastic holder out of the pigtail enough to make the tips tiny. I wish I had a pic. I was going to stop and ask her how she did it but I didn't.
My hair is long and I go to the salon every 6 weeks. It costs me 100.00 just for my hi-lights. I have it cut at one salon and hi-lighted at another. It is worth every penny to have each doing whatthey know best.
chick

#66792 - 03/13/06 05:26 AM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, I just started with the highlights over a year ago. I wish I never started. I'm too cheap to keep up with it. I do, but it kills me to spend that kind of money on my hair.

It also kills me to spend that kind of money on my dog's hair. But I do.

#66793 - 03/13/06 06:10 AM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Renee, that is so weird. I was just thinking of posting the same thing about the two ponytails. I remember doing one over the other to try to make it look like I had a longer one.

I used to do the higlights/heavy frosting but went "totally blonde" several years ago, something I thought I would never do. The frosting grew out too quickly and I didn't get much out of it. It looked good for the first week or two then it looked awful. I like the one color better. I fluctuate. I get sick of it long and then cut it and then get tired of it short and want my long hair back and let it grow. I just had it cut shorter again a week ago.

I go every 5 weeks for a cut and color. It costs me $100 too, Chick. But, I'm very fussy about my hair and who cuts it. I do my own perms however. Have been doing them since I was 14. I use a professional perm. Hate doing it, but my hair is thick and straight. It needs a perm.

Louisa

#66794 - 03/13/06 01:52 PM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I still wear ponytails too : )

#66795 - 03/13/06 06:50 PM Re: Pig Tails & Pony Tails
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Have any of you worn the ponytails that you wrap?

My daughter does that with her hair and it looks precious.

You do the two ponytails, but you wrap them and tuck with pins. It's adorable.

I don't do ponytails, but still pull my hair back in the sumer. It's just long enough to get it off my neck. But I them pull half of it up again in the twisty. Know what I mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved