The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65806 - 11/03/05 09:00 PM Gym uniforms?
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I was on the way to the mall this morning & the high school gym glass was outside. Boy have the uniforms come along way since we wore them!!!

When I got to jr high we were given uniforms. The ones from years & years ago!!! Then they came out with the polyester ones [Razz]

It wasn't fair that the boys got to wear shorts & school tee shirts!!!

I don't miss gym class or the uniforms!!! [Smile]

#65807 - 11/03/05 09:08 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ughhhhh...I remember my gym uniform...it could not possibly have been more unattractive. Burgundy, one-piece with huge inflated-looking bloomers, crumply cotton, impossible to keep looking ironed...and to think that we used to have to go running outside in that monstrosity!

#65808 - 11/03/05 09:09 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
My gosh, you brought back a long forgotten memory. I'm very short, and short waisted. The uniforms were all cut the same. The waist on the uniform never conformed to my waist. I hated them. I was constantly pulling at it trying to make it fit right.

Our school had the same unfair practice, letting the boys wear a school t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

Are schools still having gym class? I thought they dropped that practice when they dropped recess for elementary school?

#65809 - 11/03/05 09:25 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Here in NY they still have gym class. AKA: phys ed class! [Smile]
I'm not sure about recess tho. We live behind an elementary school & we hear them in the mornings.
And of course at lunchtime.
In the springtime they have gym class outside, I can hear the coach. (my what a sexy voice!!)
I always go past the high school & see the football players practicing. Once I saw this young man & thought "Is he good looking!" & then I realized I could get arrested!!! [Smile] LOL I still feel young enough to look! [Smile]

#65810 - 11/03/05 09:28 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I remember those hideous gym uniforms quite well. Far the worst was the bloomers and see-through white blouse we were forced to wear when I was in 7th grade -- fortunately, at an all girl's school.

The local school district does requre PE at least through 8th grade. I think there's even a one semester requirement in hs.

No uniforms, though. Just sneakers and comfotable play clothes. The middle school kids all bring a change of clothes, but the little ones don't. At least, that's the way it was when I retired from teaching 4 years ago.

#65811 - 11/03/05 09:31 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I HATED wearing a gym uniform too.....I was TERRIBLY tall and thin and it was just miserable wearing those big baggy-legged, one-piece uniforms! It was tough enough back in those days trying to develop a positive self-image without having to wear those hideous things....LOL

#65812 - 11/03/05 09:44 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
In Jr. High, we had to wear short skirty things with "bloomers"...I was chubby so hated it!!

#65813 - 11/03/05 10:45 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
mellodysmiles Offline

Loc: Redding, CA
Doesn't sound like anyone liked those oh so fashionable gym clothes...I wasn't too thrilled with them either. [Smile]

#65814 - 11/04/05 09:21 AM Re: Gym uniforms?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ours was one-piece (short sleeves and shorts) royal blue cotton that always needed ironing. Buttons and a belt. I was neither skinny nor fat, short nor tall, but still looked terrible in that uniform. I think they were supposed to be ugly.

To this day I hate royal blue.

#65815 - 11/04/05 06:14 PM Re: Gym uniforms?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Ours were two piece and green. Had to take them home on Friday and wash-iron them or you got points taken off your grade. They were so ugly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved