The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#64487 - 04/27/04 05:40 AM True confessions of the wardrobe kind
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I've been away at the beach, wearing my most favourite pale denim capri pants, embroidered around the knees with butterflies in pastel colours...I know, a bit "mutton dressed as lamb" but I don't care how they look they just say HOLIDAY to me and are so different to what I wear daily to work.

Anyone else got a favourite item of clothing that makes them just feel (not necessarily look) so good??

I can also remember a grey woollen V-necked jumper that I stole from my husband when we were newlyweds and I wore it to death; a pale pink flannel "tent" of a nightie I had as a teenager; and a grey coat I wore as a tourist around Europe in the 1980s.

#64488 - 04/27/04 09:25 AM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Back in high school college, it was a huge mouton (lamb) coat that was so warm in the winter! I wore it everywhere for 20 years and named it "Bear" because that's what the fur looked like. There's a photo of my Mom wearing the coat when she was pregnant with me. Since I moved to California it's WAY too warm (102 today [Frown] ) to wear it so it hangs in a back closet. I wanted to donate it but my husband got extremely upset because it was so "me."

After my tubal pregnancy in 1985 my husband bought me a red and black knit leopard print dress that made me feel wonderful. I still love it (are you getting the feeling that I wear things forever? Yup!) Some of my clothes are 30 years old and still in pretty good condition. I never get tired of things I like.

My wardrobe is filled with stretchy animal print stuff, unique styles, bright colors, funky hats and head scarves (in addition to my gorgeous jewelry.) It all makes me really happy.

#64489 - 04/27/04 01:24 PM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have this "one size fits the neighborhood" shirt that has a University of Alabama" logo on the front. I sleep in it, and pants that are cotton. Add a pair of fuzzy houseshoes and you have da Queen's attire when at home. Lord...I love coming in from work, shedding the bra and work clothes (not in that order) and putting on the aforementioned. Pour me a cup of java, and I'm in hog heaven...

And yes, I love moo moo's too. eeek!

#64490 - 04/27/04 10:59 PM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Lordy, lordy can't believe I am confessing to this but after years of being a Management figure in the newspaper industry and having to be dressed in business attire I changed 180 degrees when I decided to work from home. My everyday wardrobe consists of 9 different color long, to my knees, T-shirt dresses. Slip it on over the head and thats it. Loose and comfy and I'm still covered if someone comes to the door. Oh and when I wear shoes at all, they're flip flops. My cleaning bill is zero. If I go out on a date, hahahaha, [Big Grin] you understand JawJaw my levity. I have some lovely print dresses and some pastel color pants suits and not too high of a heeled shoe. Thats rare except for my writers club meetings. [Big Grin] I use to love clothes, now I don't care if I ever dress up.. [Razz]

#64491 - 05/04/04 05:01 PM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't say that there is anything in particular that I've been stuck on with clothes, but I will share that there was a time when I never would have wlaked out the door without matching. [Eek!]

My how times have changed. I remember walking about 15 years ago. I'd walk 2 miles a day with my walking buddy and we looked good. Through the years my clothes have changed to being anything I put on the bod.

Now I wear my son's old sweats, daughter's, son's, or husband's old t-shirts, sweat shirts, or jackets. Things are rolled, tucked, tied, it just doesn't matter...and rarely do things match.

I think I'm happier too. Too much thought went into the wardrobe.

#64492 - 05/04/04 09:21 PM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
teehee...gotta share this one. Growing up I had boobs early, the sistahs didn't. They had jobs and money way before I did, so their closets usually held some new article of clothing that I would lust after. Sooo...I use to sneak in their room after they left for college, help myself to something, then when I came in from school, rush in there and hang it back up like I was innocent as the new driven snow...well...ONE DAY...I grabbed a new blouse of my oldest sisters and she confronted me about it when she got in that day. I lied. I stood there with a blank look on my face and said "who me? no way!" She called Mom to the scene of the crime. I again lied. And to my Mother! Told ya I was a little snot back then. Well...anyHOO...When I sis produced the blouse in question, it had two very distinct points where my boobs had been. That darn blouse looked like I still had it on for Pete's sake! BUSTED! Yep...grounded. And that my friends, was the beginning of my jigsaw puzzle working days...it was the only thing we were allowed when grounded... [Frown]

#64493 - 05/05/04 04:48 PM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jawjaw, see where big boobs will getcha? What a great story. Sounds like your mom was a busy lady keeping up with you and all your sisters. I enjoy hearing our stories. Especially liked your Mother's Day article. Your mom must feel blessed.

My mom also kept a jigsaw puzzle going at our house. She would sit there and whoever walked through thte door would sit and try to add a few more pieces. My one sister and her friends did lots of jigsaw puzzles with my mom.

She learned all kinds of things sitting at that table. She pretended to be focused on the puzzle, but now I know she was listening intently to the stories of the kids sitting there. A wise woman. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

#64494 - 05/06/04 05:26 AM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
BUSTED BY THE BUST!!

Jaw Jaw this could only happen to you, funny!!!
[Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

#64495 - 05/06/04 06:49 PM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Now that I think about it I have a grey hooded sweatshirt that I've had for years. I think it was my husband's first. It's old, ratty, and even stained and I can't seem to get rid of it. I throw it on when I'm chilly, I walk in it, garden, and even find myself roaming while doing errands and realize I still have it on. It's comfy and I can't seem to part with it. If it was my husband's I definitely would have talked with him about giving it up by now! [Eek!] [Eek!]

#64496 - 05/08/04 08:13 AM Re: True confessions of the wardrobe kind
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
My husband is very skinny. In his twenties, he had no chest to speak of. I used to wear his shirts around cause they reminded me of him. (he was military and always gone. So when I missed him a lot, I'd put on one of his t-shirts and it made me feel better).

He used to get so mad cause I have big boobs and would leave boob-prints in the front of his shirt. He asked me not to wear them again. I did, but I wore them backwards. Then, one day he had on a shirt and someone asked him why his shirt was sticking straight out in the back. He stood in front of the mirror and looked behind himself. He didn't have to ask, he just gave me a look and I never wore his shirts again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved