The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 69 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199189 - 02/05/10 11:47 PM Shoveling Snow...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well here is a little known tip that can make the job so much easier. Coat your snow shovel with wax, floor wax or car wax will do nicely. The wax keeps the snow from sticking to the shovel. No kidding, this really works!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199262 - 02/08/10 12:15 AM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Now you tell me! Sounds like a great idea and makes a lot of sense. We shoveled the front walk to the street, the driveway and dug out three cars. Have one more car to finish that's parked on the street, but waiting until they're finished plowing the street.

Schools are closed tomorrow and probably will be closed Tuesday too. Then we're expecting more snow Tuesday into Wednesday.

A neighbor just came to the door. His car was stuck and he needed man power. Ross went out and they got the car moving again. This town is out of control.

#199289 - 02/08/10 07:53 AM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
We're in bad shape here in the Philadelphia area too Dotsie...I'm really not looking forward to round 2 that is coming our way on Wednesday...my husband refuses to give in and get a snow blower...and that shoveling movement is just no good for my poor aging body..my shoulders and back are screaming in pain tonight...

Thanks for the wax suggestion Chatty..I'm going to put a can of car wax next to the snow shovels right now so I won't forget about it this week...

I can't believe that there were no kids offering to shovel driveways..when my son was a teenager he used to make a nice little chunk of change during the winter shoveling for neighbors...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#199306 - 02/08/10 04:22 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

My daughter and a boy neighbor friend are out shoveling for another neighbor now. They want their whole driveway shoveled. It was too much for my daughter (who wanted me to help, but I'm reserving my back for our own shoveling) so we called a neighbor friend.

I walked to town again today and it looks no different than it did yesterday, except there are more cars trying to get around. Ross went to his office in the city and said it's worse there.

This storm was huge, and like Blondi, we are expecting more snow tomorrow. I'm thinking the kids will be out of school all week. That's how bad it is. The storm ended Saturday afternoon and the main roads still have snow on them. So much for the side streets and back roads. LIterally tons of snow to be moved.

To make matters worse, we are going to have freezing temperatures all week.

I'm chillin' and enjoying the slower pace.

What's going on in your area?

#199313 - 02/08/10 04:36 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Ship the snow over to Vancouver! We're making snow 24 hrs./7 for the competition ski areas!

It's about 10-15 degrees above freezin'. It's like spring. A few bushes have flowering buds. No kiddin'.

#199327 - 02/08/10 06:47 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I would like warmer temps. It's in the teens and cold here.
Don't care for it that cold; when U factor in the wind, it's too darn chilly. We have sunshine today. We did not get the storm
PA, Washington, DC and Maryland got but they say we'll get the next 1 that's coming in tomorrow night. That remains to be seen. We don't always get what they predict. Generally the areas that
want the cold and snow, get springlike weather.

#199344 - 02/08/10 10:16 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Plenty of snow here up on Mt. Charleston for the ski crowd. We have had lots of rain down here in the valley. A little sun today but it is in and out, in and out. It's 54* and not too windy.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199386 - 02/09/10 09:13 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
After tonight, methinks Dotsie and Dr. Ross may have some more
to shovel! It's snowing here right now! But weathermen believe
we won't get the brunt of this storm either. By the by, Buffalo is the 10th ranked city in snow amount pileups per year. It is not the worst, as opinions tend to project. LOL...

#199390 - 02/09/10 09:50 PM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

youthink right. It began again about a half hour ago. This is the most snow Baltimore has EVER seen during one winter. It's gorgeous, however it wreaking havoc with small business owners.

I'm bummed. Our son, the videographer, is traveling with the www.takeactiontour.com. They was scheduled to do a show in the city tonight. He'd gotten us back stage passes. We'd hoped to take him to dinner, and we were staying at a hotel downtown for the night.

He came to town after doing the NY, NY show last night, woke up on the tour bus today, saw that he was in Baltimore, then learned that the show for tonight was cancelled, then took off for Orlando where the next show is on Thursday. They decided to beat the snow out of town. Wah! He was right there and then gone. Now we won't see him until the first week of March, when the tour is over. The best made plans...

Plus, we decided to stay home for the night since the snow is pouring in.

Changing modes and settling in. Ahhh... another storm. Fortunately, Ross is always off Wednesdays so the timing is perfect.

jabber, I think you're going to get this one!

#199405 - 02/10/10 03:59 AM Re: Shoveling Snow... [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Nothing better than being HOME when it snows, with no need to risk the roads.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved