The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#185685 - 07/02/09 06:38 PM chewing gum
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The other night, while standign in the chek-out line, I saw a pack of Juicy Fruit gum and decided to buy it. I haven't had it in ages. It took me right back to the old neighborhood and the days of my youth. I was a chewing gum gal. Loved Juicy Fruit and Bazooka. Both were rotten for my teeth, but I didn't care back then.

What is your favorite chewing gum?

Do you still blow bubbles?

#185697 - 07/02/09 07:09 PM Re: chewing gum [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Chiclets. Do they still have them there? The teeny ones? But, I have'nt chewed gum for yonks and yonks! I could not have them when I was young because I had braces for what seemed like...foreveeeeeer!

I buy gum for my grandchildren though...and my daughter, who's a champion popper. LOL! My younger grandson has not learned to just chew...he swallows them. Then, my granddaughter warns him that it'll bubble at the other end when...

#185715 - 07/02/09 08:49 PM Re: chewing gum [Re: Lola]
karenelaine1977 Offline

Loc: Mississippi
Laine loves Juicy Fruit gum, but she calls it "yellow gum". I like Big Red or some kind of winter fresh or spearmint gum. And I do blow bubbles!

#185738 - 07/03/09 02:06 AM Re: chewing gum [Re: karenelaine1977]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Remember double bubble? I swear I could stick 4-5 in my mouth at once.

Today I like Stride...the flavor lasts forever and the bubbles are easy to blow...yep, I still do.

When I was around 5 I forgot to take my gum out of my mouth when I went to bed...despite my mom telling me to. Sometime during the night it fell out and when I woke up the side of my head was stuck to my pillow...I had long hair and my mother had it all cut off...that pretty much broke me from going to bed with gum in my mouth.

#185743 - 07/03/09 02:36 AM Re: chewing gum [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I still love chewing gum, keeps me from eating. I have tried all the new ones, BLAH...to some! And others are reqlly good. My favorite nis sugar free Trident...all the flavors. I have gum in my car, desk, kitchen drawer, all my pockets.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#185772 - 07/03/09 02:36 PM Re: chewing gum [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I got into trouble for chewing gum in school. I like bubble gum. But nowadays I chew XTRA CARE Trident because it's suppose to
strengthen teeth. Knew what you mean 'bout gum chewing givin' a gal that carefree feeling.

#185783 - 07/03/09 04:39 PM Re: chewing gum [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
We had DoubleMint in the house 'cause Mom said it was the only gum that did not stick to her dentures (she lost her teeth after having four kids, before the age of 30)

I loved Bazookas too. No more gum for me. Not with all these teeth coming out! It hurts my jaw to chew!

#185824 - 07/03/09 11:43 PM Re: chewing gum [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I remember having Juicy Fruit, Chiclets and Double Bubble. But not often, since it was usually a friend that gave me a piece.

Honest, after the lst hr., I never really enjoyed the chewing gum at that time and now. Not sure why.

#185897 - 07/04/09 11:44 PM Re: chewing gum [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You're right Jabber about Trident, thats why I chew it too. Its a habit so may as well chew something beneficial.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#185939 - 07/05/09 02:12 PM Re: chewing gum [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I know. It's hard to find a habit with beneficial properties...
LOL...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved