The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 198 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#66542 - 01/21/06 06:39 AM The day you were born..
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
...no, i know you don't remember, but what kinds of things would you have LIKED to have known?

My DH's first grandbaby should be arriving very any day so i thought I'd gather some "the day you were born" memorabila for him or her.

#66543 - 01/21/06 07:04 AM Re: The day you were born..
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Popular books and movies. The price of gas, bread, milk.
Anything important that happened in the news and in the family.

#66544 - 01/21/06 07:12 AM Re: The day you were born..
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I have written the story of the birth of my grandkids for them to have one day. I write about the trip to the hospital and the funny things that happened and how wonderful they were. I update it occasionally. I hope one day it will be valuable to them.

They love to have me read it to them even now.

smile

#66545 - 01/21/06 08:03 AM Re: The day you were born..
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Buy some newspapers from that day and save them in special plastic holders (they sell) so she/he can know what else was happening on that day. I like the idea of prices of things as well and oh don't forget the fashions, mens and womens. Sounds like such fun. Also take a picture of you, granddad and the parents etc.

[ January 21, 2006, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#66546 - 01/22/06 08:52 AM Re: The day you were born..
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Definitely do a family photo. Include whatever pets you have right now. Maybe include a DVD to show what movies were made on during this time.

I like the idea of a list of "What cost what".. for a comparison.

Maybe a picture of the baby's house too. As that may change.

I like Chatty's idea of saving the paper of the day.

What a neat idea, kinda like putting a time capsule together to be opened later.

#66547 - 01/21/06 10:28 PM Re: The day you were born..
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Di,
Whenever I get news of a new grandbaby on the way, I write them(the grandbaby) a letter BEFORE they are born. Sometimes I didn't knopw if is a boy or girl so I just say Dear Baby, We are so blessed to hear....etc, etc. I have three letters in my posession (in my journals) and the grandchildren's parents also have a copy. My oldest grand child is 13 and the youngest is not quite a year with a 5 yr old in between..and they are not finished having them yet. [Big Grin]

Maybe you could add this to your list. (before you were born stuff)
Congratulations too.

#66548 - 01/21/06 10:38 PM Re: The day you were born..
ladybug Offline

I have special albums I purchased for each child detailing their day of birth written out by me along with pictures, who visited and the gifts and comments from each person.

There are also publishers which have produced books for each year that detail what was happening in that year. I bought one for our son born in 1985. These make great gifts.

#66549 - 01/22/06 02:41 AM Re: The day you were born..
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I saw a neat thing one night on Rosanne. She was about to give birth and each member of the family went into a room alone where the video camera was set up and spoke to the unborn infant. It was quite an episode and one of the better Rosannes I had seen. Imagine the baby having that to look at when he/she was 16. Thats when Rosanne said they would give it to the child.

#66550 - 01/22/06 04:08 AM Re: The day you were born..
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Great ideas! Thanks!

We wrote a letter to "baby" the first time we "met" him/her. We visited DH's daughter when she was about 11 weeks pg..and had just a small "pouch".

Since I'm just the step mother (no blood relation), I want to do more things about grandpa...what he was wearing when he "gets the news" via phonecall, what he was doing..what time it was...his expressions, reaction...what he ate that day. Etc. Yeah, I'll get a newspaper as well, even though it's not the town where he/she is born.

I want to do some really off-the-wall kinda stuff, know what I mean? And since this is not MY grandchild, the emotion of it all is not as strong so I can concentrate on these kinds of things.

Keep those ideas comin', ladies~

#66551 - 01/22/06 04:11 AM Re: The day you were born..
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Di,
Have a camera handy and take a picture of him while he's getting the news. That would be priceless!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved