The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#67008 - 05/25/06 07:56 AM Dress Codes in School No Pants for Girls
Mother Mystic Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Remember when girls couldn't wear pants to school except on freezing winter days and we had to wear a skirt over them? My kids actually don't believe me when I tell them about the dress code. I took part in the protests that eventually ended the dress code in high school. It was exciting, first there were only 2 or 3 of us sitting outside the principal's office in our bell bottoms waiting to get sent home, then more and more until they finally caved in and let us wear pants. I'm proud to have been a dress code pioneer!
On the other hand, I don't approve of the sexy bare as much as you can Lolita look some kids wear these days...can't believe the parents buy their kids these duds!

Mother Mystic

#67009 - 05/24/06 08:01 PM Re: Dress Codes in School No Pants for Girls
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh yes, I loved rainy days when I got to wear pants! Then I could twirl on the bars and no one would hollar that they could see my panties...

Quite a few girls at my son's high school actually wear pajama pants and slippers to school - what's up with that?

Kathy

#67010 - 05/26/06 08:06 AM Re: Dress Codes in School No Pants for Girls
Still Crowded Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Yes, the dress code has gone from one extreme to another. I never did get to wear pants, slacks, bell bottoms or . . .jeans to school. Now I rarely wear a dress at all.

#67011 - 05/26/06 10:45 PM Re: Dress Codes in School No Pants for Girls
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My daughter often wore pajama pant over her bathing suit when she went to swim practice. Whatever!

I wore a uniform to school and tried everything I possibly could to add accessories so we didn't all look the same.

How about when we entered the work force and wore pant suits with dress dhirts and little ribbons as ties?

#67013 - 05/27/06 04:34 AM Re: Dress Codes in School No Pants for Girls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I always appreciated the dress code as there were children in school with me that were bused a long distance from poorer neighborhoods and it was hard to tell by our clothing/uniforms who came from where. I liked that because some of the spoiled rich brats were very cruel to these children. Thank God some of our parents taught us better than that. We wore pleated navy blue jumpers (remember those) with white blouses. We had navy knee socks. The boys wore navy trousers and pale blue shirts with clip on navy ties. We were a spiffy little group... [Wink]

#67014 - 07/21/06 02:36 AM Re: Dress Codes in School No Pants for Girls [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
We could wear pants under our dresses on gym day. But only in sixth grade were we allowed to wear pants suits (remember them?).

#67015 - 07/21/06 07:40 AM Re: Dress Codes in School No Pants for Girls [Re: Di]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
We wore uniforms 7 days a week. Mondays through Saturdays were the regular ones then, a white version for Sundays. Our uniforms were also numbered. And those that were not, were confiscated. Hems were supposed to touch the floor when you kneel. It was also compulsory to wear a chemise.
We were only civilians at night in our pajamas. No nighties. Modesty was the order of the day.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved