The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#199073 - 02/04/10 12:07 AM AVATARS
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would like to suggest, if I may be so bold, that more of you get an avatar. The site looks bland. I could swear more of you had one before. Lets brighten the place up with some colorful avatars or your own pictures, something!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199099 - 02/04/10 02:29 PM Re: AVATARS [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Okay, give me a few days and I'll see what I can do!

#199100 - 02/04/10 02:48 PM Re: AVATARS [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, not a bad idea.

#199120 - 02/05/10 12:11 AM Re: AVATARS [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I love seeing your smiling face Dotsie, as I do seeing others when reading your posts, or seeing colorful avatars like some have.

I never noticed how bland it has become on the board until my own avatar disappeared and it was hard to pick out my own posts. When seeing a recognizable avatar like say JJ's or Edelweiss's or Lolas, or Diannes foot/shoe, you know right away who the poster is, no doubt about it...

We need a face lift, its easy to do and most avatar sites I found offer FREE avatars...

#199137 - 02/05/10 07:39 AM Re: AVATARS [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I'm not the most tech savvy girl admittedly....I looked in the FAQ section but could not find anything about how to add a picture or Avatar..am I missing the info somewhere?

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#199144 - 02/05/10 12:47 PM Re: AVATARS [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh JJ, where are you? Can you please help???

#199148 - 02/05/10 02:15 PM Re: AVATARS [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Instructions for adding a picture to your profile.

1. Go to the forums---at the top you'll see this menu:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Control Panel ~ Forum List ~ My Stuff ~ User List
~ Calendar ~ Active Topics ~ Search ~ FAQ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Select MY STUFF.

3. From that menu, select PROFILE.

4. Once in the PROFILE page, scroll down to near the bottom until you see "Select the radio button next to the option you are using to change your image."

Within that section, click in the button that says, "URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .GIF, .JPG, .png accepted)"

5. Put in the address, or URL of your picture. It must reside on the Internet somewhere. It cannot be a picture on your computer. It must have an address that begins with "http"

6. The picture can only be the size of 80x80 pixels as stated above.

7. Once you have entered the address, or URL, click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.

Instructions for posting an image in the FORUM: Photo Gallery. NOTE: Images can be posted directly from a folder/location on your computer in the Photo Gallery forum only. Instructions for inserting an image into any POST on any FORUM are different, and will follow the Photo Gallery instructions.

POSTING IMAGES in the PHOTO GALLERY:
1. Click on PHOTO GALLERY
2. Click NEW IMAGE
3. Type in a SUBJECT
4. Click IMAGE MANAGER
5. Click BROWSE and select the image from the folder/location on your computer for the image you want to post
6. Click DONE
7. Click SUBMIT
8. Add comments if you’d like
This will create the initial post of a new thread. It may take a few to show up.

INSERTING IMAGES WITHIN ANY FORUM POST – for inserting images, you must use a “Full Reply Screen”:
1. Store the image you wish to post on an offsite photo sharing website, such as Photobucket.com (you will have to have an account – a free account is offered).
2. Once the image is stored, you will see html code strings provided for the image – Photobucket provides four – it will look like this: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/XXX/XXXX/XXXXXXXX.jpg (the Xs represent info relative to your particular account).
3. Copy the image code to your clipboard - right click & copy. (With Photobucket, mouse over the “Direct Link” coding and it will automatically copy to your clipboard.)
4. Go to the BWS forum post in which you want to insert the image and click on the “INSERT AN IMAGE” icon (4th from the left).
5. From the menu that opens, select one of the four float locations and click.
6. When the URL info box opens, right click and paste the image info from your clipboard.
7. Click OK, then preview post to see if the steps worked

#199288 - 02/08/10 07:36 AM Re: AVATARS [Re: jawjaw]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Wow Queen JJ...You are awesome!!! I'll try and follow your instructions when I'm not suffering from brain fog...thanks for the equisite instructions!! I think this is why you are "The Queen" smile

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#199319 - 02/08/10 05:55 PM Re: AVATARS [Re: AvalonBlondi]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
But where do you find the avatars to put in? (I a little tech challenged)

#199340 - 02/08/10 10:06 PM Re: AVATARS [Re: greene]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I called up: www.Avatars.com and picked mine.There are all types of FREE sites out there to choose from.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved