The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 227 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#157519 - 08/25/08 06:28 PM Posting your Avatar in the Forums
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, I'm adding yet another post here (don't shoot me) that will help anyone who needs to know how to get their picture posted above their name. Lots of people would like for others to see them and get to know them better, thus, they would like their pic here for all to see. Some like cute images, others have chosen the stock avatar's that come with this forum. But....for those wanting to add a pic of their chosing, here are the instructions!

Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to get your picture in the forums. I'm referring to having it appear on the left-hand side of the page with your name each time you post. It will be your avatar of choice.

1. Go to the forums---at the top you'll see this menu:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Control Panel ~ Forum List ~ My Stuff ~ User List ~ Calendar ~ Active Topics ~ Search ~ FAQ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Select MY STUFF.

3. From that menu, select PROFILE.

4. Once in the PROFILE page, scroll down to near the bottom until you see "Select the radio button next to the option you are using to change your image."

Within that section, click in the button that says, "URL to your avatar (Your image must be smaller than 80x80 pixels; .GIF, .JPG, .png accepted)"

5. Put in the address, or URL of your picture. It must reside on the Internet somewhere. It cannot be a picture on your computer. It must have an address that begins with "http"

6. The picture can only be the size of 80x80 pixels as stated above.

7. Once you have entered the address, or URL, click SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.

#157526 - 08/25/08 06:58 PM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WOW JJ, even a blind man could understand these directions, thanks a bunch!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#157593 - 08/26/08 12:57 AM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

OK, I tried like 3 dozen times and unable to accomplish this simple task! Yikes!

#157601 - 08/26/08 02:25 AM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

MustangGal, if you'd like, send me the pic and I'll put it on there for you...no prob!

#157675 - 08/26/08 07:34 PM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: jawjaw]
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
Hi Queen JJ, Thanks! I think I did it but I don't see my photo as I'm typing this reply. But maybe it will come after I send. I had to get creative on where to post my picture on the internet. I'm having fun! thanks again, Lea

#157677 - 08/26/08 07:44 PM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: jawjaw]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I've got a question about the photo gallery pictures. Since we upload our pictures from a file off of our computers to the boomer site photo gallery, does this mean it becomes property of the forum and then we no longer have control over whether we want to keep the picture posted or not? Just curious.

#157683 - 08/26/08 08:10 PM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: Cookie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Good question. For clairty, do you mean, can you personally delete it at a later date if you'd like?

#157688 - 08/26/08 08:27 PM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I can say that I have personally deleted photos from the gallery, but I'm not sure if anyone can. They would not, however, be considered OUR property. We'll have to check on the other side of that question, though. Would someone other than Dotsie or myself like to try and delete their photo?

#157689 - 08/26/08 08:28 PM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ps--Lea...that is a precious picture!

#157695 - 08/26/08 08:43 PM Re: Posting your Avatar in the Forums [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I deleted the image of the shy smiley (the image above dotsie - bottom) from my computer. It did not effect the image of the smiley @ BWS, as you can see. Maybe the Photo Gallery forum works basically like photobucket, a storage unit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved