The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 195 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#140862 - 02/04/08 02:30 PM Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Wondering if we have the ability to know how many people choose a certain topic as a "Favorite".

If I post something, I'd like to know of others deem it important enough to want to be notified of more replies.

#140863 - 02/05/08 02:40 AM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: Di]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Di, I'm trying to understand your question. I see lots of posts that I "deem important" but sometimes I am at a loss for words and so I don't reply. (me, a loss for words here? yes, it happens)

#140864 - 02/05/08 03:28 AM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: Princess Lenora]
Di Offline

Oh sorry. What I am asking is, even though we "see" how many people view our topics, or any topic, is there a way to KNOW how many actually subscribe to receive an email notification of THAT particular topic if someone replies?

Is that better. (sorry if I was unclear)

#140865 - 02/05/08 03:59 AM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
More work for JJ or Dotsie, geesh!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#140866 - 02/05/08 04:16 AM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Di, I see what you are saying. So, like, 10 people can view a topic, but only 3 subscribe to it as a favorite. Right? I don't create favorites. I cruise active topics, which change quickly. so if I was not often I'd subscribe to favorites to alert me. I see what you are saying. But heck I don't know....

#140867 - 02/05/08 04:25 AM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Quote:

More work for JJ or Dotsie, geesh!!!

I don't mean for them to DO something. I just wanted to know if there is something already available.

Sorry, I know more work is MORE WORK!

Apologies!

#140868 - 02/05/08 12:55 PM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: Di]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I've tried to think this through, Di, but I surely don't know the answer either. I see it as a question for Dotsie or JJ....might want to email them if they don't see your question here.

#140869 - 02/05/08 02:11 PM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Di, there is no way to do that, and even if we could, that borders on a privacy thing. We would have to go into people's accounts to see what they subsubscribe to, OR...PAY to have new statistics set up and I don't see that as being an option.

If you all could, it would be nice if you would PM either Dotsie or myself with questions like this that pertain to the workings of the forum, OR suggestions for new ideas. This way, we can help you right away and answer your questions, AND we don't get others involved. Lots of people don't realize how much time and expense goes into this forum and even though their suggestions are good ones, we simply can't do them SOMETIMES. Other times Dotsie can, like the new political forum...so if you could, run it by us first. It might save time AND interest.

Thanks so much!

and to answer your question, I NEVER do a favorite topic. EVER. I just do the Active topics.

#140870 - 02/06/08 01:54 AM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I never do a favorite topic either.

This is actually something I have no control over. Changes can't be made within these forums. I can make changes on the site, but not within the forum community.

#140871 - 02/06/08 02:15 AM Re: Choose "Favorite Topic" for a post
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Me neither, no favorites, I like them all, can you tell??? LOL...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved