The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#97870 - 12/05/06 02:21 PM email notifications?
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Am I supposed to be getting email notifications when someone replies to a post I've posted or replied to? Because I'm not getting any email notifications, and I sure would like to.......as it is right now, I have to go back and search for any posts I replied to and see if there have been any responses since I posted. How come I don't get any email notifications? I checked my profile and it looks to me like I should be receiving them.......what's up?
Thanks for any help!!

#97871 - 12/05/06 05:08 PM Re: email notifications? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You won't get notified of anything but a Private Message. Then a little envelope will blink on the forum screen and you will receive a noitification in your email. I can't even imagine having to be notified whenever someone posts on a topic you have posted on. Does this help Ann?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97872 - 12/05/06 05:12 PM Re: email notifications? [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
But you can Chatty...under MY HOME, there is a place that says:

Do you want all replies to your favorite topics emailed to you?
No Yes

You can click either the yes or the no. Is that what you are referring to Ann? If you have this marked YES, you also have to put certain TOPICS in your favorite folders for this to be activated. Does that help?

#97873 - 12/05/06 05:57 PM Re: email notifications? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oops, sorry for the misinformation. I forgot about that as I have never used it, my foopaw! Bad Chatty! Bad! Bad!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97874 - 12/05/06 11:20 PM Re: email notifications? [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I couldn't find that part, JJ. But, I was able to change my viewing screen to this pretty pale blue.

Louisa

#97875 - 12/05/06 11:57 PM Re: email notifications? [Re: Louisa]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Hmmm ok gals thanks for the help. On another forum I belong to, whenever someone replies to a topic you've posted (or posted a reply to) you get an email notification so you know someone has added another post to that topic, (as long as you have checked your preferences that way) so I guess I just assumed the same thing would happen here. I've figured out how to add topics to my favorites folders, so that'll work. Actually it comes in very handy......on that other forum, when you get an email notification that someone has posted on a thread you've posted or replied to, it also provides a link to click on, which automatically takes you to that response. Saves a lot of time searching for that thread you think you posted on but just can't seem to find......which happens to me sometimes!
Thanks again! At least I won't be sitting here wondering why I wasn't emailed that there are more posts after my response to a thread......I thought there was a glich somewhere.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved