The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#95695 - 11/19/06 10:38 PM views vs. posts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I don't know if any of you look at this, but I do and it always amazes me.

Click on the left side of the forum home page and you will see the most recent list of topics for each forum. While you are there, look at the number of views listed in comparison to the number of posts. You will be shocked.

#95696 - 11/19/06 10:46 PM Re: views vs. posts
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
There are lots of people out there reading this great forum, Dotsie. Be proud!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#95697 - 11/19/06 10:47 PM Re: views vs. posts
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm not shocked because in the early a.m. hours when I am at times the only person here posting, under 'whose on line' there will be me listed and as many as seven to nine "Anonymous," just reading. Right now Sunday 2:55 p.m., WHO'S ONLINE says, Dotsie, Chatty and Anno plus one anonymous...

Edited by chatty lady (11/19/06 10:50 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95698 - 11/20/06 01:41 AM Re: views vs. posts [Re: chatty lady]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Dotsie, that's one of the first things I noticed when I joined. It is amazing. How proud are you?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#95699 - 11/20/06 02:55 AM Re: views vs. posts [Re: Saundra]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It's kind of spooky. It even tells you what you are doing or looking at. The forum has eyes everywhere.

Louisa

#95700 - 11/20/06 03:39 AM Re: views vs. posts [Re: Louisa]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm glad that at least others are reading posts, as opposed to not
being here at all. Sometimes they are too tired to post, but not
too tired to read and absorb; or it could be for another understandable
reason.
Cindy

#95701 - 11/20/06 11:57 AM Re: views vs. posts [Re: diamond50]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I often read the posts and leave without posting. Sometimes I have nothing to add, sometimes I just want to catch up on what has been said, sometimes I need to think before I post. It makes perfect sense to me that there would be lots more views than posts.

I belong to another forum where I never post. I just want to read what others are thinking. It helps me grow and learn. I also feel a bit intimidated sometimes by other forums, and need to feel my way around for a while before I post.

Lots of reasons, but at least they are here.

Ann

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#95702 - 11/20/06 12:37 PM Re: views vs. posts [Re: Anno]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Lots of times I'll check the site first thing in the morning when I check my email and stuff, and I'll read several posts, but I don't always respond because I know if I do........I'll get involved and before I know it I'm late for my 9:00 a.m. gym class! Other days when my classes start later I have more time and I'll post in the mornings then sometimes. And sometimes.......even with my big mouth and fast-typing fingers......I just don't have anything to add, but I still like to read and see what's going on with others.
I belong to a couple of other forums and I think it's the same everywhere.......there are always more readers than posters, and probably as many reasons for that as there are readers.

#95703 - 11/21/06 11:00 AM Re: views vs. posts [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
What I've noticed is that fewer and fewer newbies are joining. I wonder why? I find it odd that many new members introduce themselves, but never come back. I know there is a lot of competition out there, but still.
Sites like eon are complicated and very slow. I don't have enough patience to understand the overview at very large sites. I think it's so special here because so many members keep coming back. I don't know if that is as common elsewhere.
I spend about half an hour a day here…sometimes a bit longer. I find I can scan over quickly and pick and choose where I want to comment without long downloads.
Yeah Dotsie! Here's a five!

#95704 - 11/21/06 12:22 PM Re: views vs. posts [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I have recommended this site to several of my friends. Some are writers, some not. I know two have registered, never posted. Not sure why, except that one told me she hasn't got the time right now, but will shortly. They have all told me they found the registration process confusing. I didn't understand this, since so many women do get on this site. I actually helped one of them register and it confused me. It is different than when I registered. But, I was able to get her registered. Sometimes people register for sites and forget they did it. They mean to go back and don't.

Louisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved