The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63182 - 04/14/06 04:48 PM I'll be back Easter
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am taking the day off tomorrow to prepare for our Easter brunch. We are having both families here (about 35) right after church so I will spend tomorrow cooking and straightening. I hope the weather holds because we're planning an egg hunt.

I can't wait.

I pray everyone has a joyous Easter with loved ones.

And if you don't celebrate Easter, have a joyous spring day!

#63183 - 04/14/06 09:24 PM Re: I'll be back Easter
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
It sounds wonderful Dotsie!
Have fun and Happy Easter to you and all of my Boomer sisters who celebrate!

#63184 - 04/15/06 02:14 AM Re: I'll be back Easter
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Happy Easter to ALL and hoping for bright sunshiny skys and your loving familys around you to make yours a special celebration....Gods Blessings.

[ April 14, 2006, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#63185 - 04/17/06 03:42 AM Re: I'll be back Easter
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Ahhh, it's good to be back. I thought about everyone so much while preparing for Easter yesterday. Funny how I carry all of you with me wherever I go.

Yesterday I spent the entire day preparing the house, yard and food. I took a break to walk and that was about it. My feet were throbbing by 9:00 last night so I put them up and dozed off and on while waiting for the kids to get home.

This morning we went to church. Our daughter did a reading so that made it special. Our Easter service is one of my favorites. We have a huge traditional choir and on Easter we hire a brass ensemble to play with them. The church is packed like it is on Christmas. Our minister shared with the crowd that we do this every Sinday. He got a big chuckle.

After church our families began arriving. We ate like pigs, laughed and carried on. Since there are little ones in the family again, we had an egg hunt. We had a great time. Everyone left around 3:30 and then we took a nap. Everything's cleaned up, my daughter is with her beau, son is playing tennis, hubby is visiting his little guy at the orphanage, and I am here with my feet up posting on my lap top. Life is grand and God is so good!

Tell me about your day.

#63186 - 04/17/06 04:08 AM Re: I'll be back Easter
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
We celebrated yesterday. The kids are with in-laws today. We started with a girly thing. My grandsons stayed here with Dan to explore the creek while the girls and I took my granddaughter to a tea room for brunch. It's a new place, sort of a Christian gift shop in a beautifully decorated tea room. Very genteel. They even offer ettiquette lessons one night a week. It was so pretty and we had wonderfully light girly type food. Lots of ladies and litle girls all dressed up for Easter. A couple of Daddy's celebrating with daughters too.

Then it was home to hunt eggs and Dan fixed burgers for the boys. It was a nice day. Not as tiring as cooking the usual Easter feast.

After all the kids left Dan and I went to Easter services at church then to dinner. Our church now has church on Saturday nights. I love it. We can get to church and out by 7 p.m. and then to dinner. It's kind of our date night. And best of all, we get to sleep in on Sundays. That's what we did today.

It's been a nice Easter. I hope everyone had a nice day.

smile

#63187 - 04/18/06 01:44 AM Re: I'll be back Easter
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Started off at the Nursing Home where we delivered the Easter baskets to the wide eyed residents. They we cooked them a lavish breakfast and everyone sat around talking, singing and sharing their goodies. It was a nice way to start the day. I them went to my son and daughter-in-laws for dinner. The grown grandkids and their wife and boyfriend (the doctor) were there. My son is thrilled that his daughter is dating a doctor?? The spiral sliced ham was ready to pop into the oven until I checked it out and was horrified to see no glaze, just a beautiful ham. I mixed brown sugar with pineapple juice and crushed pineapple then placed some between each slice of ham and poured the remainder over the top. Oh boy you talk about tasty golden glazed ham...We had numerous snacky items and of course cake and pie. I ate alot but sensibly stretched out over the entire day and lost a pound when stepping on the scale this morning, thats right folks, acceping applause here!!! [Wink] I prefer to go to church Saturday nights and did for Easter. It was a wonderful warm and loving day all around.

[ April 17, 2006, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#63188 - 04/18/06 02:09 AM Re: I'll be back Easter
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
It sounds wonderful Chatty and by your description I felt like I was right by your side! You have a wonderful way of describing things!

#63189 - 04/19/06 01:47 AM Re: I'll be back Easter
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, sounds like a great day.

I wish our church had Saturday evening services. I would definitely attend.

Sunday is the only morning we can relax, but we don't becasue we get up and go to chruch.

Ross is off Wednesdays, but the kids have school. They're off Saturday, but he works a half day. It's always been this way. Occasionally we skip church and it's so nice for all of us to be home together in the morning.

#63190 - 04/19/06 03:37 AM Re: I'll be back Easter
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
My husband is a bread salesman, when I was working, Sunday was our only day off together. I rarely attended Church because we usually had so much we had to do on that one day.

#63191 - 04/19/06 09:50 PM Re: I'll be back Easter
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sherri, I thnk this is good enough reason for churches to offer an option. Maybe even a Wednesday evening, or something aimilar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved