The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 149 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#141217 - 02/06/08 09:17 AM Scottish talent
Mountain Ash Offline

I like traditional Scottish music and in particular Phil Cunningham and Ally Bain..Phil had a series worth watching where he traced Scottish music world wide.The filming took place in Canada and US..as well as all ove my nation.

It was when I was listening on his site that I saw Roll Alabama Roll..so for Dee I am sharing this.
His tribute to his late brother Johnny is "A star in Cepehus"
listen to this and I feel sure you will be moved.

www.philcunningham.com

#141218 - 02/06/08 09:19 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
Mountain Ash Offline

select My Space to hear the music.

#141219 - 02/06/08 01:45 PM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mountain Ash...what a sweetheart!!! What a lovely thing to wake up to this morning. I'm listening to Roll Alabama Roll as I type and have my coffee. OMgoodness the musical instruments are to comforting. I LOVE this music and have discovered a new musical artst thanks to you. You know I'm Scottish so this is an extra special treat!!! My heart is welling with love for my Mountain Ash Boomer Sister. I'm also thinking of Georgia, my Alabama Sister.
Thanks Mountain for such a lovely treat on this gloomy, stormy morning in Alabama.

#141220 - 02/06/08 02:06 PM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

Phil Cunningham is a talented musician.he was recently given a top job at our Glasgow School of Music.
He is a producer of TV also.
He did a six part series in which he wrote a piece of music.
palyed it in a Scottish style..emailed it to Rosanne Cash who met him in the US.she sang her worlds..then he trailed it down throw US to Nashville noting the adapted style.
Phil is charismatic and I dare you not to fall for his quiet charm.
All his music will be on the site eventually.
For Georgia...do try the music site...also any others who like music.
MA
Dee tell me about your Scottish connectiom please.

#141221 - 02/06/08 10:10 PM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Even I loved that music. What a delight to hear...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#141222 - 02/07/08 12:29 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Mountain...our family is a mystery. According to my uncle, my great, great, great, great (not surehow many great) grandfather and grandmother and their infant son left Scotland for America. The ship they were sailing on sank and the only family survivor was the baby...and of course, no one knew his name so they gave him the last name Scott, because they knew he was of Scottish descent. The ship involved in either the sinkng OR the rescuing of survivors was the Peacock. However, I cannot find anything on the peacock. If we could find the Peacock and/or the ship that sailed with my gggg-grandparents on it then I might be able to find the manifest with the name of the couple who sailed with an infant son. Then we might be able to find out our true Scottish heritage...I feel like there's a part of me missing because I really don't know who our ancestors are nor our real family name. I do know that I'm drawn to everything Scottish and when I visited there several times in the 9 years I lived in England, I felt as if I'd come home. Scotland...there's no place on earth like it.
You're lucky to live there...How I miss it.

#141223 - 02/07/08 01:44 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I too am a Scottish....Scott-Irish. There was a book written about my family called, Scott-Irish, Forever. I have a electronic copy of it. Stanfords on one side, Staggers on the other.

I love my roots!

#141224 - 02/07/08 03:16 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Top of the morning to ya Lassie...

And southern, too. What could be better than that?

Have you traced your family tree back to Ireland/Scotland? I wish I could do that.

I met a woman in my quilting class today who loves doing geneology and discovered family in Paris, France. She's raising money so she and her mom, 80 somthing, can go to Paris and meet this yet, unmet family. How cool is that?

#141225 - 02/07/08 05:49 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: Dee]
gims Offline

Loc: USA

#141226 - 02/07/08 07:17 AM Re: Scottish talent [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Yes, I've done all of that and loved doing it, absolutely. I have them traced back to the 17th Century, anyway. It's so much fun but very, very, time consuming. It took me a couple of years.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved