The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#98629 - 12/09/06 02:27 PM Happy Holidays...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Have a Merry Christmas everybody...! It isn't 6. But can you do?
Prayers and blessings and love to ALL.

#98630 - 12/09/06 03:55 PM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: jabber]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Merry Christmas Bonnie.

I was looking for a place to post this link without covering anybody up. Got it in an e-mail forward on Holiday Eating Tips and thought it was cute. The entire site has 'good clean' funnies...mostly corny...but somedays we need a laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20061205

#98631 - 12/09/06 04:11 PM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I've read this before and loved it. I think I have it saved somewhere. Is it hilarious or what? You just have to love that author...

#98632 - 12/09/06 08:43 PM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: jawjaw]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I wrote a short story about decorating for Christmas. I thought this might be a good place to announce it.

http://www.vickimtaylor.com/blogs/

I'd appreciate a peek, if you're so inclined.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#98633 - 12/09/06 09:45 PM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Took a peek Vicki and it made me smile. Your husband and you are so lucky to have each other. You certainly do understand him and allow him his folly....

Edited by chatty lady (12/09/06 09:46 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98634 - 12/10/06 01:38 AM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I had to laugh. Thank goodness he didn't fall! Loved it Vicki...as usual you painted a clear picture for us.

#98635 - 12/10/06 01:49 AM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Vicki,

Very cute story and sounds like a lot of fun around your house. Shall I send over my squirrels to help out?

#98636 - 12/10/06 03:55 AM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Vicki: You and your husband must have been a heartwarming sight to behold! Reading your blog entry made me feel like I was a neighbour who is sat on the fence, cup of coffee on one hand, watching the next door couple go about the whole business of decorating the tree and enjoying every minute of it. BTW, is he an avid fan of Tim Allen in "Home Improvement"?

#98637 - 12/10/06 02:13 PM Re: Happy Holidays... [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, thanks for sharing a peek into your days. I'd love to see a picture! We share the squirrel issue. Same thing has happened here. But I didn't think you had squirrels in Florida. I had cousins from Florida visit and I recall their little kids had never seen squirrels until they were sitting in our back yard. They were from Lauderdale.

We are doing the outdoor lights today. It should be interesting. I'm embarrassed to say that we left all the white lights on the tree from last year. Hubby's going to try plugging them in with hopes that all will be well. I have a feeling the squirrels have been at work again. I see a trip to the local CVS happening.

#98638 - 12/10/06 03:16 PM Re: Happy Holidays...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Thanks JJ, From you that's a great compliment.

Jane, the more squirrels the better, although around here, you can't shake a stick without hitting a squirrel. When I take my dog for a walk, there are so many squirrels teasing him as they cross the street, or sit on the edge as we walk by.

Lola, My husband does enjoy watching Home Improvement once in a while. He likes Tim Allen's jokes. I do feel like Jill sometimes when I try to redirect his attention elsewhere when he starts mumbling about a new project.

Yes, Dotsie, we have squirrels here in Florida. Little brown ones. They're smaller than northern squirrels. We have friends down in the keys who raised two squirrels after their momma was killed. They're now domesticated and even wear little outfits and have harnesses so they can go for walks.

Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate them. I enjoy writing about my husband and his antics, but I don't know if anyone else sees the humor in it. I did run the story by my husband first before I posted it. He loved it.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved