The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#134369 - 12/10/07 06:37 PM Sears - heroes at home!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I thought I'd share soemthing awesome the Sears is doing. WE had a local high school graduate who was injured in Iraq. Please view this youtube to see what Sears has done for him and his family. This is the kind of stuff we don't hear about. Go Sears!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QZuzvYqxOYQ

#134370 - 12/11/07 12:56 AM Re: Sears - heroes at home!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats fantastic Dotsie...

There is a store here in Las Vegas that has been giving poor and needy familys, houses full of furniture for the holidays. This year Walkers Furniture is/has given away 35 house fulls. Plus they fill the fridge and give them a check as well for the kids gifts etc. I think that is fantastic. I moved back to Vegas in 1990 and they were doing it then too plus every year since... They have and show the spirit of giving.

Edited by chatty lady (12/11/07 12:57 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#134371 - 12/11/07 01:12 AM Re: Sears - heroes at home!
gims Offline

Loc: USA
How great that is! Makes you want to get involved.
Don't they sponsor that show on Sunday night, also?

#134372 - 12/11/07 08:48 AM Re: Sears - heroes at home! [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

They advertise their furniture all the time on TV, they have quality stuff and great sales. I am not sure what show you mean on Sunday, Gimster.

#134373 - 12/11/07 11:29 AM Re: Sears - heroes at home! [Re: chatty lady]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
The "move that bus" one. Don't know the name of it, but have seen bits and pieces. I think the hosts name is TY. (?not really sure?)

#134374 - 12/11/07 10:56 PM Re: Sears - heroes at home! [Re: gims]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You know they may but I never watch that program so can't say for sure. Yep the hosts name is TY Bennington and he is another of Oprahs discoveries from way back. Its a great show, big hearts all the way around but for some reason it irritates me that its done as a TV show with ratings in mind...Homes for Humanities builds hundreds, maybe thousands of homes and each has appliances donated by Sears but they do it quietly all around this nation, not for TV ratings.

#134375 - 12/12/07 10:03 AM Re: Sears - heroes at home! [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
ISn't it interestingh ow many GOOD things take place in this world and we never hear about them?

I live in the same town as this boy and I never heard that Sears had done this for him and his family. I got the link from a friend whose son is like best friend's with Ryan.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved