The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#195579 - 12/09/09 10:46 PM False Charges
MustangGal
Unregistered

I've recently had an altercation with a neighbor. I won't go into the sordid details (yet, involves dog dispute). Seems that most of the renters are bringing the neighborhood down. It was a she said, she said. The the neighbor began making false allegations about me, then the police were involved, then I was served with a summons and complaint to Magistrates Court for a restraining order against me.

She had no witnesses, no evidence, provided false information, accused me of a criminal act, and slandered me.

Luckily, I won the hearing and it was dismissed against me. Bottom line, she lied and could not prove the allegations set forth in the complaint.

My attorney said to let it go and stay away from her. She is litigious and simply trying to pick a fight with anyone.

Yet, she states that she had to take 3 lie detector tests as directed by the police. The police were not at the hearing to verify nor back up that statement. Thus, I don't know if it was true or not.

Now she wants to sue me for libel/slander. The Judge said that he would entertain her complaint - whether or not that will take place, I don't know.

Thus, if she sues, I will counter b/c I will retrieve the hearing transcript and use that against her along with witnesses, facts, discovery, etc.

She said I was at places I was not b/c I was at the hospital with my step-father and family. My dog has been at my step-sister's farm or my mother's homes. I use my credit cards for all purchases - which prove my location. All of which will help me.

She is a stay at home mom, chooses not to work, thus what kind of damages could she prove? Her husband is military and was not at the hearing to support her (even though he could have been). Her language was slurred and she exhibited anger at the hearing. The judge said he let her talk longer than he had wished - yet, she provided no tangible evidence.

#195608 - 12/10/09 09:22 AM Re: False Charges [Re: ]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Bad neighbors are like tumors; they are always there. You can only cut yourself away from them. In other words; MOVE.

Maybe this is the nudge you needed to finally put your moving plan in action.

#195612 - 12/10/09 11:07 AM Re: False Charges [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I thought you told us awhile back you were getting rid of stuff in order to sell your home... So what changed your mind? Sounds very toxic in your neighborhood to me. If she does sue you, countersue her, she lost her case in court and so she slandered you, NOT the other way around.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195617 - 12/10/09 02:27 PM Re: False Charges [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I have gotten rid of stuff to sell my home and planned to place my home up for sale in January 2010. It's on the market NOW. Hope it sells.

The neighborhood has gone to the hood.

#195640 - 12/10/09 05:05 PM Re: False Charges [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mustand, seems like your timing is perfect. Carry on! What anuisance. Did you have to retain a lawyer?

#195673 - 12/11/09 12:26 AM Re: False Charges [Re: Dotsie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Yes, I had a lawyer who is ex-military JAG.

#195682 - 12/11/09 03:04 PM Re: False Charges [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Yet, I wonder why she had to take 3 lie detector tests. Makes me wonder if they are trying to set me up for something.

#195684 - 12/11/09 03:30 PM Re: False Charges [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a concern. I hpe you're able to out all this aside and embrace the season, and the hope of the new year which may mean a new home for you, and a new beginning.

#195784 - 12/13/09 03:24 AM Re: False Charges [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sounds like you have a woman who likes to stir the pot all the time. Too bad you're having to spend money on an attorney to defend yourself against this nut. I hope your house will sell soon and you can get the H out of there.

#195787 - 12/13/09 03:35 AM Re: False Charges [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't want to burst anyones bubbles here but even in murder cases three lie detectors are rarely, if ever given, so this womans story sounds very fishy to me and is probably as much of a bald face lie as her charges against you are...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved