The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 97 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#193559 - 11/09/09 05:23 PM I Made a Stupid Mistake!!!
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Arggghhh. My husband's on his way to Cuba for two weeks with his brother. It was a last-minute decision that he made just as I got back from my trip to Nova Scotia. I was tired and said I didn't want to go to Cuba right now (we're going for 8 weeks in January). That was the middle of last week. Hubby just left an hour ago, and now am I kicking myself! And crying. What was I thinking??????

(Maya Angelou)

#193566 - 11/09/09 06:53 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mountain Ash Offline

Time will pass and when your husband returns he will have news and updates for you.
Being tired last week...you made a decision based on the facts at the time.
Meantime have you activites that will help you pass the time pleasantly..
be busy with your poetry and pop in to bws and share how you are feeling.

#193567 - 11/09/09 07:07 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Can you make last minute arrangements to join him and catch a flight, Eagle? Otherwise, come here as often as you can, Eagle. Time will fly soon enough.

#193570 - 11/09/09 07:18 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

I thought of making arrangements to leave on Thursday and just go for a week, but it's very expensive. And complicated. One of the reasons I declined was that it might be the last chance hubby and his brother have to make a trip together. And I wanted to give him that.

But this morning I woke up and realized how much I didn't want to be left behind. I'm just going to have to suck it up and refocus on the freedom of having two weeks all to myself...at least he left me the car, so I can get out and about easily. And there's cheesecake in the freezer...see, I'm trying to come up with reasons to be cheerful about this. Whaaaaaa

(Maya Angelou)

#193571 - 11/09/09 07:21 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Go easy on the cheesecake. If we were a hop, skip and a jump from each other, I'd have a slice!

#193573 - 11/09/09 07:24 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

And I would love to share, both cheesecake and conversation with you Lola!!

(Maya Angelou)

#193586 - 11/09/09 08:07 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

You're one of my kindred spirits, Eagle. I would loooooooove to have the opportunity to sit down in long conversations with you. I'll also bring a pecan pie which we'll top with whipped cream!!! Then, you and I can both sing De Colores until sun up or sun down! I want to come prepared and rehearsed when I go for my Cursillo in the Spring.

#193588 - 11/09/09 08:27 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Sounds divine! I made my first Cursillo in the late 1970's, but I was too young and transient to truly appreciate it. I definitely remember De Colores...found it on a children's album and have it on my computer...it brings back wonderful memories!

(Maya Angelou)

#193655 - 11/10/09 07:25 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
OH, count me in. I want to be at the table too, but I won't be singing. I'll just listen.

So Eagle, how's it going thus far? If I was home alone for two weeks I would probaly get every little nook and cranny organized, eat junk food, and cook only when I felt like it. How are you spending your time?

#193660 - 11/10/09 08:19 PM Re: I Made a Stupid Mistake!!! [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

It's hard...it's a bit of a struggle to stay upbeat, but I'm keeping busy. Drove to the mall this morning to browse, then picked up a chicken for supper then came home and have been doing chores...and had a nap...it's nice to come and go as I please, to eat when I want to and nap when I want to (usually we live by hubby's schedule for everything).

Junk food, hmmmm, does pumpkin swirl cheesecake count? But I'm budgeting it well, one tiny piece each day...I did clean out the junk food cupboard and threw out a bunch of stuff. I'm not a junk food binger, thank God.

I'm definitely more down than have been in a long time. It was so painful watching him drive away yesterday...but to be honest, I really and truly didn't want to go to Cuba right now. I think that as I begin to get into my list of chores, I'll start enjoying just being home. The solitude is welcome, actually. For some reason I've been extremely mentally/emotionally exhausted lately, so this might be a good chance to re-energize.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved