The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139252 - 01/22/08 04:15 PM Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon...
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
HI!!! Just have to tell you all how grateful I am that you are here..extra specially today..this afternoon. Had 2 molars pulled..right lower jaw..and I feel like I´ve been hit by a mack truck.

When I came home from the dentist´s..the first thing I did was to come in here and look around. It really has helped so much to keep my mind off my mouth..

A warning to you all, my dear sisters..don´t try to save money on dentist bills by "curing" toothaches on your own. That´s what I did.. and thought I had succeeded.No more pain! Then I lost a filling the other day and went to the dentist..root infection in 2 teeth. If I had gone to him sooner..I might have saved them all. A 3rd tooth is also in danger..but we hope to "save" that one.

Well.. it´s ok to moan and groan here, right?

#139253 - 01/22/08 09:26 PM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: humlan]
QBall101 Offline

OUchie oh, Humlan..bless your heart. Yes,, it's fine to Bch & moan here. LOL I feel for you.. I'd rather have major surgery as go in even for a cleaning. LOL But we must for overall good health. Still something about the dentist gives me the icks. LOL Probably cause I can't talk with his mitts and tools in my mouth. Hope your mouth feels better soon & your endangered tooth get's alright.

#139254 - 01/22/08 09:42 PM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: QBall101]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thanks QBall!For being there! I´ve been on this forum for about 8 hours today..forgetting my missing teeth as best I can! It really has helped. But I am feeling pretty lousy still..but tomorrow is another day, as they say!

#139255 - 01/22/08 10:44 PM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: humlan]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I can't believe I missed this when I was here earlier! OUCH, Humlan...my heart is groaning and moaning in empathetic solidarity with you! I hope that the night isn't too painful for you tonight - my heart will be thinking of you and praying for you that you have a restful healing night.

(Maya Angelou)

#139256 - 01/22/08 11:07 PM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: Eagle Heart]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
One thing to say Humlan... OUCH!!!! I hate the dentist...

Edited by chatty lady (01/22/08 11:09 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#139257 - 01/22/08 11:49 PM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Humlan, I hope some of the swelling has gone down by now. Dental work HURTS but we need to get it done! El Hub lost a molar last year because he didn't think it was that bad, and then it got infected.

Relax, and don't try to do much (I think the day may already be over in Sweden.)

Poet and essayist

#139258 - 01/23/08 01:03 AM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Bless your heart, honey...I hope you haven't developed dry sockets! Don't smoke, (if you do) and don't sip through a straw for a few hours, 24 if you can stand it.

#139259 - 01/23/08 03:35 AM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Bless your little heart...(that makes 3 bless your hearts now...ain't it great?).
Dear heart I feel your pain...I hope you'll be better in a few days and I hope they gave you some good pain killers.
I remember when we were kids we never went to the dentist until our teeth were ready to be pulled...it was disgusting...then when I was in the military they thought my mouth was a medical experiment and I went through all kinds of things...the worst being a skin graft from the roof of my mouth to the lower gum line hoping to keep my gums from receeding (they finally did after many years). You should have seen my expression when I saw the scapel in my dentist's hand...freaked me out!! But, I have to give credit to him...a doctor by the name of Dr. Moritsky...he was awesome and gave me the prettiest smile I've ever had and his work is still gleeming (beautiful bridgework). I admit that my husband has had to drag me kicking and screaming to the dentist and when he convinced me to visit his dentist my mouth (and attitude) changed forever..the clinic is run by two female dentists and all their assistants are female and OMGosh, you can imagine the trash we all get to talking...it's amazing how my dentist can understand me with her fist in my mouth. They also have little mics and ear pieces to communicate back and forth and it becomes a laugh riot. They've all heard mine and Larry's love story and we're the envy of all the single girls in the clinic...I took my wedding album up there and that's all they talk about. I never knew at 57 I'd be the envy of a perky, cute 25 year old...will miracles never cease? Every woman should have a clinic like this one...what a hoot. I actually can't wait for my next appointment.

#139260 - 01/23/08 12:42 PM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Humlun, If that big bad bully dentist hurts you again; then pull out of your handbag some butter and cheese, and ask him politely if you may smear his hands before you take a bite!!!

#139261 - 01/23/08 01:22 PM Re: Pulled 2 teeth this afternoon... [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Humlan, How are you doing today? I worked for a dentist and he had to gas me just to take a look.
Hope you are feeling better.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved