The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#131100 - 11/06/07 01:23 AM When did they change the rules of the road??
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
We are SO sick and tired of idiots passing on double yellow lines, WAY too closely and they come back over like a bat out of heck!

they speed, tailgate, irritate, don't use blinkers and the like!

Anyone else got driving gripes??

#131101 - 11/06/07 01:26 AM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Tucson, Arizona, a nightmare!
First, we are a retirement, resort and college town. Those drivers are the worst.
Sports:
Running red lights
Turning left on red arrows if you are the third in line because one and two did so, why not?
Cutting each other off, it's hot, everyone is tired and no freeway system for one million people.

It's a nightmare here, winter visitors added to college students, and we have a large university here, make for a lot of fights and parking place stealing.

Honestly, we have no freeway system and over a million people so through ways are what someone decides is one! Our normal city streets are widened and widened to try to take up the slack. NOW, repair of the one freeway we have that goes on one side of the city so it is shut down.
Screaming, yelling and when you get home you have to rant about it so it is out of your system!
dancer

"Question your privilege"

#131102 - 11/06/07 07:24 AM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: dancer9]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I sold my car a few months ago but, still drive my daughter's car in the country. Following tractors, narrow country lanes, townies driving like madmen, sheep, sheep and more sheep on each side of the road likely to jump in...not to mention that most roads have circulars (roundabouts)...now I can write a novel about that!

#131103 - 11/06/07 05:16 PM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Roundabouts are big here too Lola. I think they are great, but have learned to catch that eye contact with the other driver, instead of insisting on my right of way.
Dancer, I'm amazed Tuscon Arizona doesn't have a freeway. That's insane with over 1 mil. residents. Maybe you should just all line up on the streets and scream till the government hears ya.

#131105 - 11/06/07 07:51 PM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: ]
Di Offline

Thankfully, we have no real traffic on the freeways..but I'm sure we will get it eventually.

It's in town that bugs us. Our County Seat has grown tremendously in the last few years bringing more and more cars that have OLD people in them! The same number of roads though!

DH and I live in the county...45 minutes from town...WONDERFUL! There is no traffic light here at all..and we don't WANT one either!

But the highways are bad. We have folks driving over from Mexico with NO CLUE as to how to drive!! (Grrrrr!!!) They have no rules in Mexico either. They just drive...maybe closing their eyes and HOPING their cars, with hanging mufflers, gas leaks etc. make it to the destinations! Oh, yeah..and they overload them with JUNK on top of pick up trucks but not tied down correctly. And they chug-a-lug along in the right AND left lanes. Once I saw a lady's wheel fly off her car and she landed on the axle.

#131107 - 11/06/07 11:56 PM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: Edelweiss]
dancer9 Offline

The idea, Hannelore, in Tucson, is to prevent us from becoming another Phoenix or L.A.
We are surrounded by mountains on three sides and the cities members are irritated when more and more people move to Arizona. Phoenix is the second fastest growing city in the country right now and Tucson doesn't want any of it. It wants to be the resort town it is and remain exclusive.
So far they have blocked much growth but still, a freeway for we who live here already is what we need. We are told that it is too expensive.
dancer

#131108 - 11/07/07 12:01 AM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: dancer9]
Di Offline

We travel to Tucson now and then (my stepdaughter and her DH and baby live there)...so I totally see what you are saying. The traffic AND drivers are terrible! We go during the week, shop during the day and come home after rush hour.

#131109 - 11/07/07 12:02 AM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: Di]
dancer9 Offline

You DO know this city, Di! Where are you?
dancer

#131110 - 11/07/07 01:38 AM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: dancer9]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Here in Daytona Beach we have 1/2 million bikers twice a year. I get cut off by bikers every event week. Lots of them drink and drive and they wonder why there are always bikers deaths every event.

We have so many new NASCAR race events I can't count them anymore. The fans get crazy on the roads.

And we have the snowbirds every winter who make their own rules on the roads.

I think it's everywhere.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#131112 - 11/08/07 09:58 PM Re: When did they change the rules of the road?? [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
You should see the mess we have in town right now with the OJ trial. They've closed off two entire streets to accomodate the news media vans and cars. And I pity anyone needing to get to the courthouse, geesh!!! Our traffic here is a nightmre at best, then this crap...Thats why I steer clear of the strip at all costs, its one fender bender after another with all the new 'fools' in town. They are mostly driving rental cars so they couldn't care less.

Edited by chatty lady (11/08/07 10:00 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved