The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61129 - 01/20/06 01:53 AM Lost Furniture
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I mentioned this on my website and Chatty told me that her furniture was lost for three months!

We hired a reputable furniture mover to take a small load to MN. Was supposed to have been there no later than the 9th of Jan. I call the company every morning and ask what's going on and they say they are checking and will call me back. So far, they haven't returned my call once.

Luckily, we don't need the stuff right now but what happens to people who can't move into their home because they have no furniture and it's out in the ozone layer somewhere?

#61130 - 01/20/06 09:36 AM Re: Lost Furniture
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Dianne,
My friend moved from where I live now to CO this month . Before they left they were living in a apt until her house was built in CO . My friend told me they stored there furiture in storage Pods and she had the keys . So, I guess they ship these Pods out to where they have moved . I have not heard from them and hope they got there furiture , Okay !

#61131 - 01/21/06 07:59 AM Re: Lost Furniture
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yep United lost 1/2 truck load of my things riding piggy back on another customers order. Luckily the newspaper put me up in the Executive apartment on the Hill in Washington D.C. while they tried to find my tiny bunch of stuff. In Vegas I had been in a furnished place so didn't have much to move. They found my stuff 3 months later. It had been sent to Washington state instead of Washington D.C. and was sitting in a warehouse there...Say a prayer for Dianne!

#61132 - 01/21/06 07:19 PM Re: Lost Furniture
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I kept calling every morning and guess what? They must have gotten tired of me because the furniture will be delivered next Wednesday! Yea Team.

#61133 - 01/23/06 10:07 AM Re: Lost Furniture
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
You know that old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the oil"...the older I get the more that becomes my mantra when dealing with businesses (not family or friends of course)..it looks like it worked for you Dianne...I'm so happy it has worked out for you!!!

#61134 - 01/23/06 10:27 AM Re: Lost Furniture
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
when my sister moved from CO to MN, the truck driver with the moving company stole their load. it was found abandoned at a truck stop in KS.

#61135 - 01/23/06 11:33 PM Re: Lost Furniture
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Glad they found it.

This reminds me of lost luggage when traveling.

What happens to it? I can't imagine. Does someone steal it from the airports?

#61136 - 01/24/06 01:52 AM Re: Lost Furniture
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
i don't know about lost luggage, but i am wary of sending packages through customs. we had an exchange student from finland one year. when she returned home, i mailed several boxes of her belongings that she couldn't take on the plane home.

a few months later, a pkg. came in our mail for her. it was a box full of junk, including just a couple of her items. apparently, they had ripped into her boxes and found an envelope addressed to her at our house so they used that for a mailing label. then they loaded up the box with everything from foreign language books to a child's dress, woman's shorts and other junk and sent it all here. i never did find out whether she rec'd all the stuff i sent her. all i managed to get was a few dollars back on the postage i paid to send it over.

i don't send anything of much value over there any more as i don't want to lose it in customs.

#61137 - 01/24/06 03:23 AM Re: Lost Furniture
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Why is it that the more we pay, the less service we get??? They recently found a mailman here with three storage units full of opened and unopened mail. He is going down bigtime.

#61138 - 01/24/06 04:48 AM Re: Lost Furniture
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

They have huge sales of lost luggage that was never claimed. I have no idea how they end up there. We've had our luggage lost but they've always managed to get it to us.

I hope that mailman does go down!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved