The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 188 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#60820 - 11/21/05 06:29 PM Computer messages from well-meaning folks
ladybug Offline

This morning when I logged onto my computer to check my new mail I had to sigh just a little.

My very dear friend who moved far away finds it necessary to forward any joke or cute pictures she gets from other people.

That's not so bad, but it's the stuff that says I must forward it or I'll be struck by lightning or considered unfriendly, unholy, un-whatever, you can fill it in. It makes me feel guilty deleting the ones that say to forward it back to the sender and six other people to show them how much they are loved. I DO love them I just don't want to forward this stuff that has ten- thousand other names from e-mails with it.

Any comments?

#60821 - 11/21/05 06:39 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Sure, I'll commment. They drive me nuts!!

I'd rather have two lines from a friend that say, 'Hi, it's raining. I miss you.' Than all the cyber ya ya in the world.

Delete, delete, delete.

{I guess that's why I'm perennially poor; I never forward those things so the million bucks doesn't know where to land. [Smile] }

#60822 - 11/21/05 06:53 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Ladybug, I'm glad you brought this up...I was going to ask the same question a few days ago and then forgot. I passionately dislike these "cyber chain letters", especially the ones that tell you to forward it to 10 other people and return to the sender or else...

What's worse is that when I mention to these people that I LOVE to hear from them, but not via these chain letters, they get "huffy" and offended and leave. I've tried to word it kindly, gently, nicely and from the "me" perspective so as not to accuse or make them feel defensive, but it's no use. I've lost two "friendships" over these things.

I know it's simple to delete, but when the chain letter tells me that if I delete it, it proves that I don't love the person who sent it, well, doesn't that make me feel wonderful!

I give up and just delete them now. But if anyone sends them to me, I will continue to ask them not to send this junk, but to please write me and tell me how they really are.

#60823 - 11/22/05 08:01 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't respond to them either - I hate the thought of a friend feeling "unloved" becuz I didn't return the email to them....my angle is...
"oh, gee, all that stuff automatically goes into my junk mail and I don't see it".

I know this isn't the "direct" way to deal with things - but no hurt feelings this way. I just delete, delete, delete.

d.

#60824 - 11/22/05 08:28 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
ladybug Offline

Yep, me too. Don't even mention it to people just delete it.

With all the people they are sending these things to I really don't think they are going to notice that I didn't respond.

Gee, is that why I haven't gotten my million bucks yet either?

#60825 - 11/21/05 09:51 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Gee, is that why I hsaven't won the lottery yet?

I delete those too. I didn't do chain letters with snail mail. I don't do email ones either, and I gently disuade anyone from sending them to me. I don't think I've ever lost a friend because of it. At least, not that I know about.

#60826 - 11/21/05 10:23 PM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I never forward any of those. On the philosophical side, I believe that much of my fate is in my own hands and not in my willingness to forward an email! [Eek!]

I make one exception: I get a lot of the sappy cutesy stuff from my 12-year-old niece. I hit REPLY and write a short message to her.

#60827 - 11/22/05 02:37 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Meredith has a soft spot for her niece and I love it. Is she making jewelry yet?

I'm with Meredith on this one. I don't believe inany of that crap! God is in control, not the little buggers running around behind the screen keeping track of who does what!

#60828 - 11/22/05 04:47 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The only thing I ever forward anymore are cute pictures and/or sayings with animals or old ladies like me, but never answer or send or respond to any chain letter. Heck if i didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. [Razz]

#60829 - 11/28/05 02:39 AM Re: Computer messages from well-meaning folks
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
I, too, hate all those forwarded emails. i have a cousin who must sit for hours finding and forwarding the junk. what bothers me is my email address going to so many others. i asked her once to use the BCC on her email and she did for a while but is back to the regular way. i will block her address soon if she doesn't stop.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved