The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 85 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60664 - 10/02/05 06:09 PM Response to Smile plus my own whine!
Rose Offline

Loc: Georgia
Smile, you described me, too. I actually came to the "whining room" so I could whine about my tiredness...I do have some health problems that all have tired as a symptom...It is sooo easy for me to do nothing. And the amazing thing is that I can actually sit in my chair and pass away a whole day and it only seems like an hour or two...in other words, time flies! I go to my office and no sooner than I walk in the door than it's time to pack up and run...The thing that I have found to be helpful is to work a while and rest a while, work a while and rest a while. It takes me all day to do what I used to could do in two hours flat! Now...having said all the above, sometimes I find myself dwelling on the reality that most of life is behind me. Most of my life has been run. My string is getting very short. Sooo, I'm constantly looking for new experiences. I take my grandchildren skating quite frequently. I skated when I was a teen ager, so I thought I would get out there and try it again! It didn't work! I wound up busting my head on the floor! My husband rushed over and took my skates off and said "no more". I was surprised at how disappointed I was that I couldn't get out there and skate again. There seems to be so many things I can't do anymore. Due to health problems, I can't walk or exercise. Sooo I'm still looking for something new and different! I'm thinking about getting into bonsai trees...that sounds like something I could do physically...To sum it up, I'm 54, tired, and over the hill and I just wanted to whine. That's my whine for the day!
Very Sincerely from Rose to Smile and everyone else out there

#60665 - 10/02/05 06:12 PM Re: Response to Smile plus my own whine!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I don't think it's a whine...but reality! I've done the same thing.

#60666 - 10/02/05 10:51 PM Re: Response to Smile plus my own whine!
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
Rose,
I am in the same boat as you about not being able to exercise due to health problems. Even walking very much tires me out totally. Get this, I had an abnormal muscle biopsy with muscle and nerve damage 15 yrs ago, I started feeling tired right after a surgery 20 yrs ago. I mean right after, (6 mos after my husband and I got married) and life was never the same again! No one knows why or anything, even about the nerve and muscle problem, the cause. I worked and went to college, because they thought (THOUGHT) it might be arthritus, and I could teach my love, art, if I couldn't do anything else for 5 yrs. LOL One morning I could not get out of bed, my poor children were scared to death. My husband was already gone to work, 50 miles away in a different town. I couldn't work any longer, I was so fatigued and my mind was so bad.
After going to Baylor in Houston and UCLA in Ca and them saying they had no idea what was causing my muscle and nerve problems, my husband finally talked me into applying for SSD. I hated the thought of it. I got it on Myophathy and Fatigue the first time! People would tell me how great is was I got it the first time, and I wanted to scream [Mad] , If it is that noticable, How can it be great!
In the last 8 yrs, I have been overdosed on meds, like seizure meds, twice by my doctors, had a borken leg that didn't heal right, had a stroke that left permanent mind and physical damage, and breast cancer, mysectomy, chemo, radiation. So, long with a long list of symptoms that I am treated for [Eek!] - YIKES!
I am so sorry! I have held this in for so long since we have lived here, 10 yrs. I haven't had anyone to vent to! I do not want my family and friends so far away to worry about me, so I am always OK to them! [Mad] Once again! So sorry! I am just booHooing now! I usually do not cry at all
!
Rose, I wasn't trying to take the focus off your problems. All of a sudden, I thought I would explode!

#60667 - 10/03/05 05:46 AM Re: Response to Smile plus my own whine!
Rose Offline

Junebug, I didn't feel that you were into diverting attention! I feel that you were full up and ready to pop...I am so happy that my post back to Smile helped you to vent! As aging women we just have so much baggage to contend with. One of my major baggages to contend with is a very unsympathetic family...I don't want sympathy but a little pat on the back occasionally or understanding would go a long way! By the way...I have type two diabetes, low thyroid, high blood pressure, and low electrolytes AND continue to work 16 hours a day...or more. I work two jobs! My career is what keeps me going!
Off me and back to you...Junebug, vent more often...there are several ways to do this. One is to cry...God made tears to get what hurts us out. Journaling is another way to vent. Journal your thoughts, your hopes,your dreams, your desires, or you can keep a response journal to other readings, from the Bible, for example. Take care of yourself...No one else will do it for you! LOng, candlelit bubble baths with aroma therapy will go a long way to help you as well as mood music! Please know that unless I am mistaken you can also vent in this forum! This is an awesome website!
Take care,
Rose

#60668 - 10/03/05 08:24 PM Re: Response to Smile plus my own whine!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Junebug & Rose....

I pray for an ounce of strength & courage, both of you ladies have been given.

May God keep each of you close to his heart.

Brenda

#60669 - 10/06/05 07:37 AM Re: Response to Smile plus my own whine!
Rose Offline

Thank you, Brenda!! I find that as I have gone through life that we don't necessarily ask for what we get...but God gives us the grace to go through it...one step at a time. I don't know any other way to live life than just as it comes. I'm thankful in the small things. I love the beauty of the world around me. I celebrate each moment as it comes. I find myself savoring the moment. AND IT'S FUN! I LOVE ENJOYING THE SMALL THINGS! And I do believe, in the scheme of things, that it's all small. So, Brenda, keep on walking, taking those small steps!
Rose

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved