The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 111 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#136475 - 01/03/08 12:29 AM I must see my mother tomorrow!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Oh my goodness! RIGHT before they take her forceably to treat her disease, she has called and asked me to come by! She told me that she has bought me a belated Christmas present and wanted me to come by to pick it up! I told her that I would and I would also take her out to shop together as I always do, all the while knowing what will happen in a few days!
It will be hard to keep it all to myself but I must or I will set her off and she will become more symptomatic regarding her schizophrenia.
Wish me luck! She is a gentle, kind and pretty woman but when those voices start, there is no way to stop them until they do! I will walk on the eggshells to be a good daughter!

dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#136476 - 01/03/08 02:41 AM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: dancer9]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dancer it sounds like you have been walking on eggshells all your life. Hey, that's kind of a metaphor for dancing, since dancers must be light, floating, like walking on eggshells. Hmmm. You must be a good daughter. It's not your fault that she needs medication that she is not compliant with. Try to enjoy a moment in time with her. A moment in time. In the present. Hmmm, she has a present.

#136477 - 01/03/08 12:31 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Princess Lenora]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
dancer, I'll be thinking of you this morning when you see your mother. Come back and fill us in later!

#136478 - 01/03/08 01:25 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Prayers have currently gone to Heaven that you enjoy your
visit with mom. I'm sorry for all the heartache you're going through. Please know, some of the rest of us have gone through and are going through similar situations. Prayer is the PILLAR that holds us upright!
Prayers and blessings...

#136479 - 01/03/08 04:38 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Does your Mom live far away from you Dancer? No matter how old you are, it must be extremely difficult to have a Mom sick like that.
Here’s sending you strength, Dancer. When you feel weak think of your sisters here who understand and feel with you.

#136480 - 01/03/08 05:18 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
hope it all goes well wen you visite. I am sure you be holding it together on behalf of your mum in just the right way.

have faith.

#136481 - 01/03/08 06:03 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Lenora,
It does me well for you to ring in on this. I thank you for your words. I know you understand what I face.
Still, due to a cold, or worse, I had to move it to tomorrow! I hate to put these things off but I had to.
I will share what the present is, certainly! Again, thank you, it's bolstering my strength to hear from you, someone who has been there!
dancer

#136482 - 01/03/08 06:08 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Lady Jane,
Hugs and thank you. I shall take you when I go tomorrow. I had to push it back a day. I seem to have a wicked cold or worse!
Thank you again lovely Lady,
dancer9

#136484 - 01/03/08 07:25 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: ]
dancer9 Offline

Anne,
My mother lives about 40 min. max from me.
I'll not be flying. We live in the same city.
It is sweet for her to request money from her trustee to
buy me a present since I am the only child she bought one for. My older sister is in California and they write snail mail back and forth, (my mother not trusting computers, of course.)
I am always the child of hers on the scene for some reason.. I told her caretaker that I would try for tomorrow and to tell my mother that I was ill and she said that was fine so all is well there.
So~ I guess I'll spend my day online with you, my friends and drink a lot of tea, etc...
It's been coming on for days. It's sort of funny to say "cold," in Arizona, but that looks like what it is!

Thanks Anne.
dancer9

#136485 - 01/03/08 10:50 PM Re: I must see my mother tomorrow! [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dancer, your stress may be affecting your immune system. I know you "know what to do" but I still send my calming vibes in your direction.

I'm so amazed that you and Lynnie both have found the strength and peace to take care of mothers who never really took care of you. It takes a big heart.

Poet and essayist

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved