The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#129253 - 10/14/07 12:25 PM no customer service
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
We are having our bathroom renovated. I can't wait. So yesterday, we went to Home Depot and Lowe's ready to buy a sink, toilet, tub and cabinetry; substantial purchases all together, don't you think?

Believe it or not, we left both stores withour purchasing any one of those items.

How is it possible that someone is ready to spend thousands of dollars, (we're not alking about buying one simple, little tool)and they can't find a soul to help them.

It was pathetic.

We had to search for employees, and when we found them, they were too busy to help us and didn't know when they would be able to help.

"The boss never showed up today."
"We're short help."
"I'm helping someone else. You'll have to wait, but I can't tell ya how long I'll be. I've got other people waiting too."

Lots of reassurance, huh?

So we hung out, trying to figure out some of our own purchases, but got nowhere.

We got frustrated and left without paying a cent.

Can you believe it?

#129254 - 10/14/07 12:53 PM Re: no customer service
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
That is just the problem.....there is NO customer service anywhere! It is the same way at our Home Depot & Lowe's. I hate going there. I have walked the store trying to find someone, anyone, to just mix me some paint. We too, also had a substantial purchase to make when we were remodeling our kitchen. We wanted someone to help us with ordering cabinets and such. Could we get ANYONE to help us and give us a price quote....NO! We left and had them custom built with a private individual. Did the same with counter tops, etc. I can stand on my soap box for hours on crappy customer service! It is everywhere, and not just at the big box stores.

#129255 - 10/14/07 01:02 PM Re: no customer service [Re: Cookie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
On a smaller scale, I went into a huge sports equipment store the other day, looking for a simple pair of pink skate laces for my granddaughter. The sales clerk told me she was too busy to help (though I didn't see any other customers in that part of the store) and said "it's over there somewhere", flashing her hand toward the gigantic warehouse of skates and accessories. I would have walked out, but the laces were important to my granddaughter, so I spent about 30 minutees wandering up and down the aisles until I found the bin at the very back of the store!

Not impressive at all, but unfortunately it seems to be the norm for customer service these days!

(Maya Angelou)

#129256 - 10/14/07 01:07 PM Re: no customer service [Re: Cookie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I left Lowe's forever because they refused to give me my purchase without my phone number. Huh? Then....they wouldn't let me use my Lowe's card because I hadn't used it in a year and they wanted me to go back through the "application process" since it hadn't been used. Seems your time runs out with the card if you don't use it within a specific amount of time. I left everything on the counter and walked out. I was furious.

I went to Home Depot...got a HD card and have never looked back. I think it may depend on the store as far as customer service. The one I go to is run/managed by a woman. The only reason I know is because a customer with a handicapped child came in the store one night while I was shopping there. It was close to closing time. She had a flat tire. The manager sent THREE employees out and told them not to come back till the

1)Tire was fixed, and if it couldn't be fixed,

2) till they took HER(store manager) credit card and went somewhere and bought one for the van.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I hung around the parking lot talking to the employees and the Mother of the child. Seems this manager is always doing for others this way. Too, I wanted to see what happened. The Mother had a spare and they changed it, and all was well. One note, the Mother and child were from another State. Don't you know they went back home and told all about it!

I was sold. I never go any place else. And when you go in there, the workers come up to you....one right after the other, if they see you without a "helper" and they're wanting to know if they can help you.

I've been so impressed with that store and isn't it nice to hear a good story among all the others?

#129257 - 10/14/07 01:48 PM Re: no customer service [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

I do get good service here.Just back from a National Trust gift shop.Its at Falkland Palace and is stocked with masses of well picked gifts.The lady even told us about a hallowen ghost tour...knew we were local and promised even more selection soon.The books are well chosen good jewellry plants soaps and a welcome.She was being nice to everyone..
Mountain ash

#129258 - 10/14/07 06:03 PM Re: no customer service [Re: Mountain Ash]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I agree, JJ...through seeing similar things, we only go to Home Depot. Kudos to the manager that saw a need and did something about it.....actions like that speak so much louder than anything else like that could!! I'm impressed! Thanks for sharing.

#129259 - 10/14/07 10:13 PM Re: no customer service [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
LadyJane, I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your picture. Very nice! You look so young, don't you have one with wrinkles? LOL!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved