The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 97 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#109393 - 02/26/07 03:27 PM He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
The owners of our building have agreed to move us into another flat because of the noise above us. You can't just exchange flats but have to go through appraisal, etc. So, we were measuring the new flat and while we gain closet space, we lose the shelving and drawers. So, the hub is going on and on about this and there is nothing I can do to change it. He's anal about closets for some reason.

By the time we were finished my stomach was hurting and I swear I'm on my way to another ulcer. He wanted to buy a new sofa and I found one I'm crazy about. He says it's not comfy. By this time, I was ready to dig in my heels and say, tough!

He's making me crazy! He really is. Maybe it's that old Jewish mindset--expect the worse so you'll know how to deal with it just in case it happens. I don't think that way. I feel blessed to have a roof over my head and one that doesn't boom all day and night.

Help me with this. I'm to the point I'm clenching my jaw and it's giving me headaches. I just want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#109394 - 02/26/07 05:09 PM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Diane,
First who or what is above you in your condo ? Can you talk to him or her about the noise ? My husband I always go together on the sofa and meet half way could help looks and comfort . Or get the sales girl to help you and find a good one . I did not have a good one at Lazy Boy and I don't care for my sofa and have to sell it that is in the family room. Just some thoughts on the matter and hope this helps some . Men they do stress us out at times .

Blessings,

#109395 - 02/26/07 05:16 PM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Sadie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
di

closets for all your shoes, maybee he is worried you will trip, lol sorie only kidding....

i don't know i always lose the "no we will get this.....no we will get that battles", sigh at lest i am recognising the pattern thou lol

why not comprimise, tell him he can put shelves etc up and choise the shelving, if you get your sofa lol, hope for a win win situasion..

i really don't know about the practicalities but do know moving is very stressfull, so find something to laugh about before you go nut's pet

celtic

#109396 - 02/26/07 05:29 PM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dianne I just let out a scream. Feel better?

What do men know anyway? Do they read those interior-decorating magazines? Although, I got to admit a teeny weeny bit that a comfy couch is ultra important for a man. That's where they take their afternoon snoozes, right?
Maybe you can find some comprimise there. Just don't get another ulcer over it...that isn't worth it.

Hang in there....! AAAAAAAAAAAAH

#109397 - 02/26/07 05:44 PM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

We've had a battle with the noise above, Renee, and it can't be fixed so that is why they are moving us.

He doesn't lean back on the sofa. He's always upright on the edge with an ashtray on the table. It would be perfect for good naps as it's large. We have an easy chair that he stretches out on.

There is very little room for shelving so that is the issue, not whether to have it or not. I'm looking at very small chest of drawers that would fit behind the bedroom doors. Also shopping at organization stores. Could get a huge chest out of storage for more drawer space in the spare bedroom. I'm really trying to work with him on everything but he just gets in this mode and won't listen.

In July, we'll have yet another decision to make...stay where we are moving or move again into another flat he bought in another area of town. That could mean two moves in one year and I just moved a year ago. If I can get it over with I'll be fine but this waiting and him bugging me about things I can't change...that is what is making me crazy.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#109398 - 02/26/07 05:46 PM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh...and he did say,"What about all of your shoes!!!!???"

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#109399 - 02/26/07 11:23 PM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Sorry you are so stressed out, Dianne. Men can be a pain in the rump.

Think about The Secret - I know you are trying to live it. I think you will find the answer in there somewhere.

In the meantime, is a hotel suite out of the question until the right flat shows up?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109400 - 02/26/07 11:28 PM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Shoot him.

#109401 - 02/27/07 12:01 AM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Okay, once again JJ has the best advice. I will say you were with me at the time.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109402 - 02/27/07 01:48 AM Re: He's stressing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Anno]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Diane ,
I would not give up the shoes for sure . I love my shoes and don't have as many as you . Remember we counted on year and I had about 30 and you had well...... more then me and thats a good thing. My passion was hand bags until I bought a" Vera Bradley " black one and would not give it up for anything . Good thinks come in time , I guess . Patients

Renee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved