The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#61217 - 04/03/06 11:26 PM disorganized people
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I mentioned that we attended the awards reception for our son the other night. Well let me tell you...

This was a Baltimore County (big county) function and boy did they give a bad impression. It was late starting because they couldn't get the computer to work. That should have been tested hours before 200-plus people arrived.

Then they began the ceremony without the sound, held a longer than usual intermission because they still couldn't figure it out.

THEN

They did the most unbelievable thing!

They used two computers. One had sound, one had visual. They tried to coordinate the two and it was a nightmare which they wouldn't give up.

Every time they hit a new section, they had to try many times to get the two syncronized.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Anyone else bothered by this type of thing?

I really wanted to write a letter, but I know the woman worked very hard on her presentation and I felt so sorry for her. I figured if we were frustrated, she must have been mortified!

But honey...get your act together before people arrive!

I'm finished.

#61218 - 04/03/06 11:48 PM Re: disorganized people
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Boy I hate to go to things like that. It's a crime against those who work so hard to make presentations.

Write that letter, praise the person who did a good job and send her a copy. That is a waste of her talent and work.

smile

#61219 - 04/04/06 01:40 AM Re: disorganized people
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I agree Smile and some people may not attend the next persons presentation thinking it to be just another nightmare. That system should have been tested and retested before the event... [Eek!]

#61221 - 04/23/06 02:44 AM Re: disorganized people
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I wonder whether some are disorganized or just plain sloppy? There is a difference, though slight.

#61222 - 04/28/06 04:39 AM Re: disorganized people
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Write the letter Dotsie!!!..Hopefully the person will learn from this mistake and not make next year's parents endure the same thing...I would use the word "dress rehearsal" several times in the letter and underline it. [Frown] I bet your son was disappointed too!

#61223 - 04/29/06 07:37 AM Re: disorganized people
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Funny thing...this week we got a letter stating he won on the state level and we're invited to a reception. There's no way in hell I could get him to go claim his award. The card's going back with ZERO attendees.

#61224 - 04/29/06 07:42 AM Re: disorganized people
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
How sad is that? I hope they at least mail him his award!!!

#61225 - 04/30/06 07:51 AM Re: disorganized people
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, they will. As he says, "it''s just a paper!"

#61226 - 04/30/06 12:26 AM Re: disorganized people
Debi Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas
That may be true Dotsie, when I won the awards and certificates I have won over the years. I had the same feeling "It is just an award or just a paper" its what I do (or in this case what your son) does in person that matters. but if you look in my "sacred space" where I reflect on my life and what I have done, they serve as reminders of what I have accomplished, and what I am capable of doing.

Congratulations to your son. I havent been apart of this group long enough to know you or your sons personality but one day he will look back and smile when he sees the awards he won- paper or not. You may save it and create a scrap book of all his accomplishments. This can be done with any age children. Or adults. Perfect for those times when you are remensing with alshimer (sp) parents or patients.

Ok , break over back to cleaning house.
Talk to you all later

Debi

#61227 - 05/05/06 06:01 AM Re: disorganized people
Melissa Offline

Congrats to your son!!! And to think you are in Baltimore!!! Hello Neighbor!!! I understand the computer problems. I am teaching a class at my hospital and was handed the video and memory stick (like I knew what that was) and was told to just plug them in and they would work fine. Thanks to a passing security guard we got the things plugged in, and after about 30 minutes we were able to figure out how to run the thing holding the memory stick. Thank goodness we were just practicing the class before we actually taught it. Thank goodness for that security guard!!! Had it not been for him we would have had to act out those power points!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved