The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59760 - 05/28/04 01:20 AM Wasps - Nests
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
ICK, and run for cover. Just walked out onto my front porch and from the corner of my eye spotted movement. Right up against the house under the large porch awning was something the size of a golf ball, couldn't see it too well so moved closer and low and behold it was a nest of wasps...there were at least 6 that I could see. [Frown] I turned around and ran inside and called an exterminator. I am terribly allergic to any kind of insect venom plus I put my little dogs out there to play. Heaven only knows how large they would build it if left alone. [Mad] I may be an animal lover but hate bugs and snakes.

#59761 - 05/28/04 05:00 AM Re: Wasps - Nests
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
We have little nests all over our house and the wasps get in a lot. Fun! But I've never been stung. We had a huge (size of a large shoe box) nest out in our barn. It was spooky with the buzzing so loud when you walked into the barn. I was glad when winter hit and we were able to get rid of the nest while the wasps were all hibernating. I suppose they don't hibernate in Las Vegas.

#59762 - 05/29/04 12:01 AM Re: Wasps - Nests
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Agate, I think they must hybernate here too because you only see them in the summer. I have a serious reaction to any type of insect venom so I have to be extremely careful. I called the bug man but am still waiting for him to show up. I won't let my animals out until there gone either.....what actual purpose do these nasty critters serve, [Mad] if any??

#59764 - 05/29/04 07:16 AM Re: Wasps - Nests
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
We have wasps nests every year, and every year they move their nest somewhere else. They never seem to go back to the old ones. I get stung about every other year because I'm gardening and reach somewhere and ZAP! before I even see them. The only year I sprayed is when they built their nest under the mailbox.

#59765 - 05/29/04 06:10 PM Re: Wasps - Nests
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm not sure and this sounds awful, but I think I remember that you can pour gasoline on them to kill them. [Eek!] [Mad] Must be careful...

#59766 - 05/30/04 01:47 AM Re: Wasps - Nests
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Awful my large behind.....Its them or me and It ain't going to be me...I hate them and spiders the worst of all....The spiders here are mostly big ugly black widows....What is the value of these insects I want to know.... [Confused]

#59767 - 05/31/04 07:59 AM Re: Wasps - Nests
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Chatty,
We discovered a Wasps nest on the back of our garage a few years ago. A neighbor told us to smoke them out. We were afraid of burning the garage down so we had another idea.
My husband would get on the front end of an eight foot two by four, I would be on the back end. We would knock the nest down and run for the house. We did just that however my husband ran to the house, locked the door and wouldn't let me in.
I had to convince him the bees were all gone and that we knocked down an empty nest.
Maggie

#59768 - 05/30/04 09:14 PM Re: Wasps - Nests
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh my goodness, he ran to the house and wouldn't let you in....I think he is not a man at all but a big clucking chicken, [Eek!] doesn't he know a man is suppose to be the strong one and suppose to protect his wife? [Wink] Ask him for me what he sees when he looks in the mirror and that some jokes aren't funny because angry wasps can inflict alot of damage. [Frown] ....So glad you weren't hurt.

#59769 - 05/30/04 09:31 PM Re: Wasps - Nests
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Thanks Chatty,
Did I ever let him know all those things and a few more. He has never locked me out again and is very protective. Love the clucking chicken part.I did forget to mention he is deathly afraid of bees and spiders.
Maggie

#59770 - 05/31/04 12:22 AM Re: Wasps - Nests
chatty lady Offline
Writer

One can't fault him for that as most of the folks I know and me too, are afraid of those useless nasy critters. [Mad]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved