The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59744 - 05/21/04 09:08 PM Whiiiiine
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've been on the site a lot the past few days. I'm laying around with my laptop. I've been awake all night every night with severe back pain again.
Doctor says surgery and I'm resisting with all that's in me. Went back to the chiropractor and he helped, but the pain is still there. It's making me sick all over. I'm nauseous from the pain.
Trying to smile and ignore it away, but it's not helping. Where is this coming from?
Sorry for the whine.
smile

#59745 - 05/21/04 10:03 PM Re: Whiiiiine
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It sounds to me like you need to go see Betty-Boops Doctor Pitt. [Roll Eyes] She suffered for so long seeing one Quack after another and got nothing but very strong pain pills, alot of head shaking and the suggestion of surgery and then God brought her to Dr. Pitt (don't know his real name.) She hasn't had so much as a twinge since seeing him in his pain clinic. I'm so sorry for your discomfort and its nit whiiining either.. [Wink]

#59746 - 05/22/04 01:53 AM Re: Whiiiiine
Betty-boop Offline

Loc: Utah
Smilinize,

I sympathize with you and the pain in your back. I just recovered from what sounds like the same thing you have. I've never been in such pain before in my life.

I lived in a blurrrr everyday because I was so HIGH on pain pills. When I got better, I looked at the prescriptions that I had used while I was suffering. I am shocked to tell you that I used...150 codene pills for pain, and 150 flexeril muscle relaxers. Every time I went to the doctor, they upped the dosage.

I ruptured two disks on April 4th. I was in the bed in severe pain popping pain and muscle relaxers until May 6th. I finally got in to see a neuro-surgeon and he gave me two cortesone shots. I haven't had any pain since.

I don't know if you have the same thing, but I understand your pain and am praying for you to have a full recovery.

#59747 - 05/22/04 05:11 AM Re: Whiiiiine
smilinize Offline

Thank you Chatty.
Betty, I remembered your back problems. I hoped you would post.
I went to see my Chiropractor again today and I think he finally got the pain under control. I'm doing much better right now. If only I can sleep tonight.
They all agree I do not have a ruptured disk. The orthopedic surgeon is not sure, but thinks 'maybe I have a bone spur from a previous injury. I'm not sure I want him cutting around in there for a 'maybe' or something he's 'not sure of.'
I have had a lot of steroids in the past for orthopedic injuries and now they say I can't take them any more.
I may try to see a neurologist next week anyway though. Maybe there is something else he can give me.
Thanks so much for the concern. Sorry for the whining.
I'll be fine now. Sometimes it just helps to get things off your chest and into someone's prayers.
Thanks guys. You're all the greatest.
smile

#59748 - 05/23/04 08:53 PM Re: Whiiiiine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, not to be concerned about the whiniing. That's what we're here for. We all have our turns.

I know you've referred to several car accidents in your past. Is this from one of those accidents?

Please keep us posted. We have to get you ready for when this grandchild arrives. Praying you well! Darn it! [Big Grin]

#59749 - 05/23/04 09:51 PM Re: Whiiiiine
smilinize Offline

Thanks Dotsie and all.
Yes this is apparently the result of those car accidents. I have had many broken bones and multiple orhtopedic surgeries.
Coped well until recently. Maybe I just finally got time to 'feel' the pain or maybe it's another one of the nasty events saved up for us as we cross the great divide of ''''age''''.
Either way, a lot of whining and boomer prayers got me back on my feet.
Thanks again.
BOOMERS RULE!!
smile

#59750 - 06/04/04 07:41 AM Re: Whiiiiine
Seth Offline

Loc: Madison, WI
My son has had chronic back pain for more than a year. We finally sent him in for a MRI, and found he has degenerative disc something or other. The recommendation was that they put him under, use an x-ray to find the disc, inject it with dye to be sure they were in the right place, and then inject steroids and pain med right into the disc. He had it done, and that day was in excruciating pain (they had told him he wouldn't feel much of anything). We were frantic. However the next day he was much better and says it continues to feel much better. Now when he works, it hurts, but like a normal person with back fatigue. Now the next issue is the insurance that doesn't want to pick up the tab for $1200. It's always something!

#59751 - 06/07/04 04:55 AM Re: Whiiiiine
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Smile,
Have you continued to feel better? Just checking on you...

JJ

#59752 - 06/07/04 05:30 AM Re: Whiiiiine
smilinize Offline

JJ,
Where have you been? We've been missing you.
I hope your Mom is better, your car is unwrecked, and you're dealing as well as can be expected with the loss of your father.
You've certainly been in our prayers.

As to my back, it comes and goes. I'm in love with my chiropractor. I'm at his office so much I told him I was moving in. He said, "Get in line."

I have a new granddaughter and here she is. Tada....
http://mercybabies.spindustry.com/asp/baby_details.asp?babyid=3382
She's absolutely spectacular.

Gee it's nice to have you back. Hope everything is getting better for you.
smile

#59753 - 06/07/04 06:27 AM Re: Whiiiiine
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Smiles,
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm home. And dealing with it all. Your gdaughter is absolutely the cutest thing and I'm am tickled pink (ha! get it?) for you all. But hon...I'd shoot the cat.

luv ya,

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved