The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 188 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#160281 - 09/19/08 05:10 PM Poker card guard
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Here's my newest card guard that will go on Ebay sometime today. I have to change the ladybug's cards now that I see them close up. Thought I'd share what I do during the day...I play with clay...Life doesn't get any better than this.

This card guard is completely made from polymer clay and is all my own creation. I bake the clay after I create it to harden it. I sometimes painstakingly sand and varnish the pieces to a shine.

Card guards are what poker players use to protect their cards from being mucked or being taken by the dealer by mistake. They are regular poker chip size and the base is made to look similar to a real poker chip.
Mine are usually OOAK - 'one of a kind' and created with TLC. All are signed.

This one is called "Heads Up" The Bee and the Ladybug playing for 1st place. They are having a daisy of a time ha ha.
Any ideas for others are appreciated. I can put anything on a poker chip like base.

I'm thinking about a pumpkin and squash next....

#160282 - 09/19/08 05:13 PM Re: Poker card guard [Re: chickadee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Chick, you are so talented! I absolutely love that! And it does sound fun. Maybe at our next boomer getaway, you can bring some clay and paint (we'll all chip in) and you can teach us how to make things. So cool!

#160303 - 09/19/08 09:34 PM Re: Poker card guard [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Very cute! Would you want to share any of your other creations? I recall seeing a photo of your table with several projects in the works. I was most impressed.

Have you ever made jewelry from that clay? I've seen it at festivals. I even bought some once while on vacation in Florida. The beads are pastel colors and whenever I wear them, someone comments about how much they like the jewelry.

#160383 - 09/20/08 11:23 PM Re: Poker card guard [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chickadee, these are so cool! I especially love the tiny playing cards held by the bee. It shows a sense of humor as well as your obvious artistic talent. smile

Poet and essayist

#160385 - 09/20/08 11:30 PM Re: Poker card guard [Re: meredithbead]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Cute! Looking forward to your future creations!

#160411 - 09/21/08 05:17 AM Re: Poker card guard [Re: ]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I bet these will sell Chick! Good luck, and hope you can keep up with the orders!

#160415 - 09/21/08 05:56 AM Re: Poker card guard [Re: Edelweiss2]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
That is simply adorable, chick! and oh so clever!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved