The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 193 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#143810 - 02/29/08 08:40 PM Being creative --daily!
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
This is a website/blog to discipline yourself to be creative everyday...and post for your audience:

Thing-a-day.com

Article (which might be only accessible by a fee in a few days): http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080229.wlonething29/BNStory/PersonalTech/home

I haven't had a chance to look at website. But will in 12 hrs....after work lunch.

Personally I couldn't commit everyday to produce something creatively...

#143811 - 03/01/08 01:36 AM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: orchid]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I could be creative everyday .... but producing creativity daily? Wow. That is a time commitment.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#143812 - 03/01/08 02:58 AM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I believe I am creative each and every day. First by writing, then by editing someone elses writing and last but certainly not least, I crochet nightly. I am either crocheting something for someone who ordered it or just using up my bits and pieces of yarn for things for the yearly craft show...
I also believe the women posting here daily are being creative in a different yet very vital way.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#143813 - 03/01/08 07:43 AM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I am definitely not creative every day. Unless you count playing games with the grandchild, thinking up things to do with my mother, and working on my website;...well then, I guess I am, but it’s not satisfying my creative desires.
Someday I’ll have time to write and paint to my hearts delight. Someday….sigh.

#143814 - 03/01/08 09:23 AM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I think it would be hard to create something everyday. Sometimes, it's enough for me to even get my cup of coffee. I think a lot about creative things... but putting thoughts into play is a totally different thing. AND, if I had to create everyday, I might not get the same enjoyment from it.
Committing to doing so is an inviting concept to try, though .

#143815 - 03/01/08 02:22 PM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
The moment you use the word "commitment" with me, I run. I guess that's why I'm not married, but happily single. Being creative shouldn't have a regiment to it, me thinks. That's what so great about it. It comes from within, from your soul. Tagging it, giving it a schedule, or even journaling about it, would lose something for me.

I would rather just wake up every day and let it happen...

#143816 - 03/02/08 03:33 AM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
JJ I agree...I think if I had to force myself to be creative everyday I'd no longer enjoy it after awhile. I have to be in the mood to sew or crochet or quilt or paint...it's when the right moment hits me that I do better in what I wish to do at the time...some things just cannot be forced and be enjoyable, too. I love my crafts but if I knew I had to do them every single day no matter what they would become a burden.

#143817 - 03/02/08 11:07 AM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: Dee]
Mountain Ash Offline

What is art ? What is being creative ?
The finished product is not the be all and end all.
A salad can be creative and flowers arranged surely is.My fruit bowl i8s chosen for its colour and I see a still life when I place bowls on my worktop.
Dressmaking knitting quilt making..Womens art in bygone days was practical.The heel of a sock..turned for for comfort is a thing of beauty.
I do remember during pregnancies knitting mitts and bootees and sat each afternoon doing this.Also planning craft work after hysterectomy and having things on hand..
Julie cameron says so much about creativity .I believe daily writing and homemaking to enhance my life...
I cant be creative until I have order in the house .Then its pure pleasure.
MA

#143818 - 03/02/08 04:55 PM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: Mountain Ash]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Mountain Ash, you had me there, until the last line. While reading through your post, I was thinking of all the still life arrangements I have created in my house just today - there are two loads of sheets piled on a chair, which I need to fold; there are the breakfast cups sitting on the counter with spoons and napkins; there is the bed to be made; there are books on the footstool that need to be put away - all of these can be looked upon as a creation from a moment in time.... with my house in order, these would not be. And, each tells a story.

#143819 - 03/02/08 06:34 PM Re: Being creative --daily! [Re: gims]
Mountain Ash Offline

When I say order..the dishes washed and a meal planned.Bed made.Otherwise I cant enjoy what I set to do..dust no problem
Work ethic too inbred probably.
MA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved