The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#59382 - 12/22/05 07:33 AM Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems
Feon Davis Offline

Loc: USA
This is my favorite craft to do IS. Designing make my own 8 1/2x11 binded books and Poetry PostCards and letterhead poems. I am working on doing some poetic brochure using card stock paper.Maybe later I can get an laminated too.

I love to this so much I have started Flutterby Designs. Link is :
http://www.inthearmsofgod.com/Christianbooks.html -click bookstore

[ March 30, 2006, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Feon Davis ]

#59383 - 12/23/05 08:34 AM Re: Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Feon ,
Hello and welcome , sorry I am late with this . Only craft I have done in pipe cleaners . How do you do this craft ? Do you design on the computer first and then transfer everyhing over . Sounds intersting . Please fill me in on more.

#59384 - 12/23/05 06:17 PM Re: Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems
Feon Davis Offline

Loc: USA
((SMILING)) let me first say that I apprecipate you asking. And love to share what I design.
I actually design alot stuff using software like PrintMaster, and to do my graphics I use Adobe photoshop, and I am back to Printmaster again. And then I do tranfer to PRINT. Fold into an booklet then using specific saddle stapler I staple it down the middle. I use glossy paper or photo paper for covers.
However, for my 8x10 books I type them up using wordperfect and than save them and save as Pdf and print them out and bind them using a binder machine. which something like $65.00 at the time I gotten this one. I also use glossy or photo for covers.
Now far as the cards I use card stock something like 67lb of 250 sheets costing $4.00 ea at staples. I design what I would like to have on card using PrintMaster and save it. Then print them out on stock paper. Then using cutting board trim it up and fold and I then glue it together so that it stands up open for all to see.

I hope this helps. Do go back up to my first messenge and click the last link to see my example gift package I done at bookstore.

Merry Christmas and have an blessful New Year!
God bless you us all. and email me anytime.

[ December 23, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Feon Davis ]

#59385 - 01/02/06 03:19 AM Re: Designer of Cards,booklets,Binded books, Letterhead poems
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Feon: It's so important to enjoy what you do! [Big Grin] And it seems like you absolutely love it!

My sister does handmade greeting cards and got me into it... Of course I have not enough time for them and I've just done a few now and then, but I love it! Creating with my hands something that will bring joy to others is great!

I wish you great success with your endeavor!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved