The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 93 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#179715 - 04/09/09 02:30 AM Beautiful gardens & their inspiration
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I'm not a gardener at all. Nor do I have much desire to become one.

But I enjoy visiting large botanical gardens when we travel.
Here are beautiful images of a garden we will be visiting this weekend.
http://www.japanesegarden.com/photography/gallery
I've been to this garden in the summer. This time, the cherry blossoms will be out which will be different in a more ethereal way.

In Vancouver, there is lovely Japanese garden also but it's much smaller than the one featured in link.

One of the things I used to do before digital cameras, was to take photos of beautiful natural scenery. I did have a few photos enlarged and framed for myself. Recently discovered more enlargements that I haven't gotten around to framing nor hanging up.

#179723 - 04/09/09 09:30 AM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany

I enjoyed the link, Orchid. I just LOVE Japanese gardens. The only thing I don't understand are the sand gardens raked with patterns. I always want to walk across them...lol.

#179751 - 04/09/09 01:46 PM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
These photos make me want to get off my butt and get outside. Thanks for sharing.

Here's a link to our local Sherwood Gardens. It's a fabulous tulip garden:

http://www.guilfordnews.com/sherwood/photos.php

Once they are finished blossom, they have a bulb dig. I've never done it, but one of these years I'd love to.

One year a friend and I went and made notes to where all our favorite tulips were planted so we could go back and dig them up. Then we missed the Dig Day. Go figure!

#179798 - 04/09/09 09:58 PM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I don't believe God created anything more beautiful for our pleasure than flowers, ALL flowers, everywhere.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179853 - 04/10/09 02:25 PM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I agree Chatty. It's amazing how soothing flowers can be for an aching soul. Flowers remind me not only of the beauty of God's care for us, but also His humour...who else could splash every colour of the rainbow across a field in the middle of nowhere. How many places have I traveled through where there's nothing but drab highway and all of sudden we come across a field of wild flowers as far as the eye can see, every colour. It's always such a sweet surprise, and always such a sweet delight to see tiny crocuses pushing up against the snow...flowers teach me a lot about perseverance and hope.

(Maya Angelou)

#179932 - 04/11/09 06:23 AM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: orchid]
andrewson Offline

Garden photos are just awesome, very beautiful!!!! nature is the real gift from god to all mankind, thanks for sharing

#181298 - 05/02/09 11:22 AM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: andrewson]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I was in NYC last week and spent hours in Central Park, one of my favorite places in the world. NYC knows how to do gardens. They're gorgeous this time of year.

#182675 - 05/21/09 12:41 PM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anyone getting in to gardening this time of year? I spent a few hours weeding and planting our pots yesterday. It felt so good. The weather was gorgeous and the sun felt glorious on my skin.

#182693 - 05/21/09 04:52 PM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
We've been very busy in our garden...we've planted a lot, and just have marigolds left to plant in the big front garden. I'm hoping to post pix here next week!

(Maya Angelou)

#182694 - 05/21/09 06:14 PM Re: Beautiful gardens & their inspiration [Re: Eagle Heart]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Dotsie, should I ever be in your neck of the woods, I sure would like to stroll through Sherwood! Reminds me of Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands!

Still have a lot of yard work. Not spending as much money on plants this year, tho. Mostly keeping up with the lawn (i.e., weed and pesticide control). I'd like to plant a few trees, yet not in the mood for digging!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved