The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#154370 - 07/23/08 08:48 PM Looking for candle maker...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am loking for some nice candles, does anyone here make them? If so, are they scented and whats the price? I try to buy things from my friends on this site if possible.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#154371 - 07/28/08 02:04 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I can't think of a candle maker among this bunch. Can anyone else help? Maybe it wuold ba nother source of revenue for Di. I'm thinking if you can make scented soap, you can make scented candles.

#154372 - 07/28/08 02:40 PM Re: Looking for candle maker...
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Hmmmmmm.....I have friends who are Boomers locally. She does not go on the internet much...but they sell Soy Wax Candles next to me at the market.

Soy Wax candles are MUCH more healthy. They also sell wickless candles....meaning they have an electric melter,with a sensor light that tells yuo the heat is on. It melts the soy wax inside a jar...with no wick. Like a crockpot-type thing. she's got many fragrances....what do you like??

When do you need them Chatty? They will be out of town until Labor Day.

#154373 - 07/28/08 09:23 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

No hurry Di... I am running out of my scented candles and want to buy somemore. If you can give me a price for say a dozen regular, (not the electric ones) I'll send you a check and you can ask her to mail me some. I adore Vanilla, or Apple Spice/Cinnamon, or anything similar to the Sea Breeze soaps I get from you that I love so much. Just email me and let me know.
ccmeditor@cox.net
and thanks.

#154374 - 07/29/08 06:06 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: chatty lady]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Chatty, I have a friend that sells candles that are made of soy and very highly fragranced- they are called MiabellaSpa Scents and are quite reasonable. A vast array of very nice fragrances (I'm a candle lover too, always have to have some!) The shipping is very expedient. If you would be interested, you can look at the website of Miabellaspascents and order some, I highly recommend them. If you would wish to order them thru my friend I can supply you with her info (she is trying to start in the business and working hard, in Vegas so close to you so maybe even more expedient- plus she is a great gal (a childhood friend) that will do whatever to make the order be easy for you and quick-and I'd love to give her a new contact/customer- let me know and I will give you her info.
Of their fragrances I love the Sicilian Rosemary-Lemon and the Ocean Breeze but they have so many great scents, the candles burn all the way to the bottom and the tarts are great too. Let me know if you'd be interested.

#154375 - 07/31/08 06:50 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: judym]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am Judy, did you get the PM I sent you?

#154376 - 08/01/08 08:16 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: chatty lady]
judym Offline

yes I did and called my friend (Johanna Rappa) and left her a voice mail- as I said before, I think she is in NJ, her stepmother passed away- I will try calling her family and see if she is available there. I can scan and send her brochure if you want, please let me know(and I'll have to have your email address to do that, sorry but understanding if you don't want that out there, I know I'd be hinky about it). Trying to think how you can order from her expediently- I will get back to you and thanks for your interest, I know it will be a boon to her. Thanks again. I know if you do get some of those MiaBellaSpaScents candles, or their other products, you will be very pleased.

#154377 - 08/01/08 08:18 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: judym]
judym Offline

Or maybe I can send you her website when I get that out of the address book/bookmark place- sorry not too tactile with how to attach and send or whatever, really stupid when it comes to the finer points of comp. use!

#154378 - 08/01/08 08:43 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: judym]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Got your PM today Judy, and wanted to thank you for your help. I will be buying candles from your friend as soon as she is available. No rush!

#154379 - 08/01/08 09:54 PM Re: Looking for candle maker... [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Judy, call me at home anytime you need help. We're neighbors and I would be happy to help you...k? You can email me at georgia@boomerwomenspeak.com to get my home number.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved