The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#94874 - 11/12/06 01:38 PM Christmas Crafts
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Do you have any particular craft idea for your Thanksgiving table, or maybe your Christmas tree or room decoration that you'd like to share?

I like making wreaths although I'm not too creative with what I do. I have made an M&M wreath (where they are in little bags with ribbons then penned to a styroform piece. And I've used Peppermint pieces before, and gumdrops. Now the gumdrop one was so heavy!

I've also crossstitched stockings as gifts, and years and years and years ago, I knitted two rather LONG stockings for the boys. One was a football shoe and the other a basketball shoe. They're really cute.

Anybody else?

#94875 - 11/12/06 02:09 PM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I am going to make a wreath to put on my dining room table. I'll put a candle in the middle in a glass hurricane holder. I was in the craft store and saw these pretty ornaments that clip on. It looked so simple, I got into a crafty mood. The next thing I knew, I was buying all this "stuff." I bought some flat pieces of the wreath material, whatever it's called, to make a matching piece for the top of my china closet or coffee table. I might do that today or next weekend. This is for Christmas. I also bought lights to string around my dollhouse so it will be decorated for the holidays.

Louisa

#94876 - 11/12/06 02:16 PM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh Louisa! I would love to see the dollhouse when you're done. Could you take a picture of it and share?

#94877 - 11/12/06 04:27 PM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
sure. It's nothing fancy, just a string of lights, but I thought if I am leaving it in the dining room, it should be decorated. This year, I'm turning it so the open part is against the wall. Too many little fingers in this house now Maybe I will put a small tree outside on the porch instead of inside. I like that idea. I'm going to do my little village too. Wait till Dick sees I've bought more Christmas stuff. I don't know where I'm going to put it.

Louisa

#94878 - 11/12/06 04:48 PM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: Louisa]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I'm not a very good crafter. My crafting attempts usually don't look like the pictures in the magazines, so I gave up years ago. My oldest daughter is very crafty and does all kinds of holiday treats.

#94879 - 11/12/06 07:01 PM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Jane, doesn't she also hold Christmas Parties in her home for crafters?

#94880 - 11/12/06 11:20 PM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: jawjaw]
Pam R. Offline

Every year we have a "craft night" at my office. We order out for dinner and half of the gals bring crafts for all of us to do. The other half bring the dessert or snacky things. I am known as the most "craft impaired" of the group! Wish I could shock them all with an easy but beautiful craft. We do about 4 or 5 before the evening is over. Any ideas to help me look good would be welcome!!

#94881 - 11/13/06 05:02 AM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: Pam R.]
Bathbuddys Offline

Loc: Midwest
Pam.
This is where I can be VERY helpful!
I can give you a couple of recipes for sugar & salt scrubs as they are easy and nice to make as gifts.
They don't take much time and you can get creative with the containers or not!
I also have some bath salts recipes.
It is fun to make and like I said, very easy and not much time unless you want it to.

The sugar scrubs are awsome!

Nancy

#94882 - 11/13/06 08:24 AM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: Bathbuddys]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I make dolls to give away as Christmas presents. Then, there is also the Nativity creche which I annually set up in my living room. It's a Neopolitan presepio which is very much a little community on its own. I layout, build and paint the village, inns, stables, cave and fields. My son does the lighting for me. After I have positioned the village folks and animals, I plot the move of Mary and Joseph, the 3 Kings, Star, shepherds. They make their trek from all over the house towards the creche and are moved daily until they meet up on Christmas Eve. I leave the manger empty until I have come back from Christmas Eve Mass which is when the Baby Jesus is laid.

My grandchildren and I have made tree ornaments of gold-sprayed pasta (with their photo at the centre of each) in the past for the small tree. This year, we will make only one more for their newborn baby brother. These pasta decoration joins those that my children made when they were little. I also teach and help them make reindeers out of candy cane which hangs on the tree or can be set up as a bouquet. And if they behave, I might make baubles with them this time.

#94883 - 11/13/06 10:16 AM Re: Christmas Crafts [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lola what a lovely nativity scene. The idea of you moving the figures closer to the crib, and all through the house, is so awesome. That's wonderful that you are able to do arts and crafts with your grandchildren. What are baubles?

I would love to make more things, but we have several cartons filled with Christmas decorations, so I hope to create decorations with my daughter in law, since this is their first Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved