The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 182 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59174 - 09/21/05 05:17 PM Love to crosstitch!
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I'm a real crosstitch fanatic.......sometimes I can't believe the number of projects I've done over the years and how many things I've given away as gifts.......like I walk into someone's house and there's something I did hanging on their wall (wow does that mean they REALLY did like it?? [Big Grin] ) Working on a welcome sign right now that has little pairs of wild colored flipflops all over it for a friend of mine that is a flipflop nut.
I do other craft stuff too.......some quilting and sewing, almost anything that requires putting something together with my hands, I love to create stuff.....make greeting cards, Xmas ornaments, whatever strikes my fancy.
Anybody else into crosstitch? What are you working on now, crosstitch or otherwise? I'm always looking for new ideas!!

Ann

#59175 - 09/22/05 07:07 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi Ann, welcome! There was a time when I sewed and did crosstitch, but I haven't in so long. I sewed as a teen. One year I made all my Christmas gifts. Mom a dress, Dad a robe, boyfriend, a shirt. I can't believe I did that.
Then when we were first married and hubby studied a lot, I crosstitched. We have a few of the pieces framed and in our home, a few in the attic too. Who knows, maybe when the kids leave I may get back to making gifts.

It must make you feel good to walk in friend's homes and see your work haniging on thier walls. What a compliment! the flip flop piece sounds fun. Flip flops are on everything this summer.

I hope you'll stick around and consider sharing in the other forums too.

#59176 - 09/22/05 03:57 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Cross-stitch, was so soothing and uplifting for me. Seemed to just melt the stress away.
My eyes just couldn't take the strain any longer, had to change to crafts.

Last year, I collected branches in the back woods, bought 3 medium size wreaths from the craft store & decorated with tiny dried flowers. Hung the wreaths from the branches with bow-tied green sheer ribbon. What a beautiful array of colors.
It was a Christmas gift for my daughter, that now hangs in her livingroom.
She wanted for me to mass produce them and sell on Ebay, after seeing a catalog with a item much like it going for $79.00.
Not into mass production, just one of a kind special projects.

Each changing season I put together a new wreath for the door.
This spring we had a bird build a nest and raise her family.
As much as my door opens and shuts, I know she was glad to move on when time came.

Welcome Ann.....know you will just love it here.

Brenda

#59177 - 09/22/05 03:59 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Brenda,
This sounds so lovely. I wish we could see a pic of one. Any way?

JJ

#59178 - 09/22/05 04:22 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
You know awhile back, I received some really beautiful sky pictures of the hurricane over Mississippi.
Tried every way I knew, to post them here. Finally gave up.
Would be more than happy to take some pictures and email if you like.

Brenda

#59179 - 09/22/05 05:38 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I would love to see pictures of the wreathes you've made. Feel free to email them to me at GJawjaw1@aol.com

Cool! And a big thank you in advance.

JJ

#59180 - 09/23/05 12:21 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
I love to crossstitch too- it's the only craft I don't make a mess at- you don't want to see my painting and glue gun disasters!!!
Right now I am working on ornaments for the 7 grandkids- mittens with their names.
Every year I make thenm all an ornament so when they are grown they'll have a start on holiday tree decorations.

#59181 - 09/23/05 12:42 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I learned to crosstitch as a girl and enjoyed it. Wish I had time to still do that!

#59182 - 09/28/05 03:50 PM Re: Love to crosstitch!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Brenda,
I only wish everyone could see the beautiful pictures you sent me. Oh my. The wreaths are so pretty! You really SHOULD be selling those things!
I can see why you would NOT want them to be in a mass selling kind of operation. They were all unique. I wish you lived closer to me!

JJ

#59183 - 09/29/05 01:29 AM Re: Love to crosstitch!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I need a hobby, once i have turned off the computer and left my office for the livingroom and themindless TV, I feel empty. I need something to keep my hands busy and crossstitching may be the answer. I crochet afghans but thats too heavy now for my hands that are beginning to feel mildly arthritic. Going to Micheals this week-end and see if they offer instructions....Sounds very relaxing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved