The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 200 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#58790 - 06/05/04 04:10 PM creative teens
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read an article in the paper the other day about teenagers raising money for a worthy cause by decorating flip-flops and selling them throughout their high school.

They bought all the pretty colored sandals at the discount stores and painted dots, spots, and creative designs on the straps. They wrapped them with ribbon and added silk and plastic flowers. I've also seen the kids who make the ribbon belts and headbands.

I love hearing about kids using their creative juices.

Has anyone else heard of kids using their creativity to raise money, and if so, how?

[ June 05, 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#58791 - 06/05/04 06:00 PM Re: creative teens
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I no longer have teens, but this brings back memories.
My most creative daughter is the one who is now a C.P.A. of all things and just gave birth to my new granddaughter. When she was about twelve, she needed money for something so she decided to have a carnival in our back yard.
She got old appliance boxes and made up all kinds of games and side shows lined up around the fence.
Since profit was the motive, she decided to make salt dough prizes. She made some really cute things and all was going well until some of the dough fell on the heating element in the oven and shorted the whole stove out.
Overall, very profitable for her and very unprofitable for me.
She also made some weird mixture of dish soap and baby powder that she somehow convinced her friends was "Special dog shampoo". She sold it to make money while I was recovering from surgery.
She's always been Way too creative, but more fun than a magic show.
smile
But we laugh at that now.

#58792 - 06/07/04 06:43 PM Re: creative teens
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, I bet you laugh at those memories now. Love the dog shampoo idea.

Maggie, maybe you could buy inexpensive bedroom slippers and decorate them for the Christmas bazaar.

You never know what people wll buy. For a couple years there's been a kiosk at the mall near Christmas. They sell platform slippers that look like tennis shoes. [Eek!] I would never buy them...but enough people do! [Big Grin]

#58793 - 06/08/04 07:15 AM Re: creative teens
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Great idea Dotsie, although may have to try some flip flops too. We have started our bazaar workshops again. We canceled them this week though because we are having a rummage sale. I get to pick out stuff for the bazaar workers. Yeah!!! I found a fish mobile we will take it apart and make ornaments with beads maybe. Since we live near the ocean they might go OK. You never know. I just bring in ideas and challenge the people there. We also laugh and have fun while we work. If you don't see me this week its because I am working at the sale.
Through the years I have seen teens work on crafts and sell them. They are always interesting,
fun and well done.
Maggie

#58794 - 06/08/04 07:28 AM Re: creative teens
smilinize Offline

I just got back from the mall and there certainly seemed to be a lot of decorated flip flops there. Darling ones too. I wanted to buy them all, but only got two pairs (It was difficult to resist the dozen other pairs I wanted)
I would definitely be a customer if I went to a craft show that had them.
smile

#58795 - 06/08/04 07:11 AM Re: creative teens
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
I just want to let all you people know that the REAL name for "flip-flops" - an Australian invention, please note [Big Grin] - is THONGS.

I know that means something else in your country. We call those G-strings!

#58796 - 06/08/04 06:02 PM Re: creative teens
smilinize Offline

Hey, thongs, flip flops, could be used for either according to how much you've got to flip and flop I suppose.
I can only imagine those flowers and jewels and sequins I saw on those flip flops/thongs in the mall decorating my derierre.
Not a pretty sight.
smile

#58797 - 06/09/04 07:10 AM Re: creative teens
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, we're getting the cameras ready for the boomer calendar! Get your thongs on girl!

#58798 - 06/08/04 09:48 PM Re: creative teens
smilinize Offline

Hey, I got my thongs on right now. One on each foot.
But if we're gonna' take photos, I say I choose the body I WANT to display my thong. The body I'm hauling around now is used and and I need a new model.
The way I see it we all oughtta' get new bodies at mid life. After all if you're in the middle of life, you're either half dead or half alive. I guess it's according to the way you view that infamous cup. Either way, a new body would sure be nice.
Personally, I'm opting for a total body transplant. I want Pamela's boobs, Tina's legs and J Lo's behind.
With a body like that I won't need a brain. Besides, the one I've got is like new. It's hardly been used at all.
I already got a real good trade in on my heart. It had a lot of miles on it and it had been wrecked so I asked God for a new one and He took the old one in trade. Now I just pray and read His Word and I get a shiny new one every single day. What a deal.
So as soon as I recover from this Extreme makeover/full body transpanlt, I'll be ready for the photo session, thong and all. WHEW!!!
smile

#58799 - 06/08/04 10:14 PM Re: creative teens
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey Smiles...is it time for us to bring the calendar idea back to life? Think everybody can tolerate us again? hahahaha....

JJ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved