The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#165904 - 11/18/08 01:51 PM extra fees
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Has anyone been following the changes in the travel industry? Apparently one airline is charging an extra $25.00 if you need to speak with someone when making your reservations. Is that sad or what?

Other fees are for checking bags, food and drink, and use of blankets and pillows while flying. Good grief. Next, they'll be charging us to use the bathrooms.

#165906 - 11/18/08 01:59 PM Re: extra fees [Re: Dotsie]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
I wasn't aware of the $25 to speak with someone...good grief! The last time I traveled it was $5 extra to get some human help. There are days when that is really worth it. $25 tho? Hum, that is another reason to stay at home, eh? The last time I traveled was in July and it was $15 for checking my bag. I thought that was enough...now I'm to way for a blanket? I think not!

I *thought* I wanted to travel and do speaking...maybe not!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#166267 - 11/23/08 01:20 PM Re: extra fees [Re: Mama Red]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea thers a good online airline booking service weer you get booking for 1 pennie but by time taxes and bag cheking and the likes are added its over £100 pound its all the wee extras that add up. so it seems cheep but by time your finished its wild.

#166443 - 11/25/08 07:27 PM Re: extra fees [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
AIr fares are going up and the price of fuel is going down. Also, we were told the price of food was going up due to gas prices. WEll, why aren't they going down now?

Hubby just bought two tickets to Hawaii. He's taking our daughter this summer, but boy were the tickets expensive! I doubt they would come down in price, but it sure would be nice!

#166488 - 11/26/08 12:59 AM Re: extra fees [Re: Dotsie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

See, that's the thing. Gas prices are declining; however, the past year's economic decline has so inclined companies to have not-so-good sales to make up for earlier losses.

I believe these overpaid, fat cat, money spending, candied bottom, CEOs should give up their bonuses to get their companies out of financial ruin rather than us having to bail them out for their overindulgance and slothfulness.

Like the SNL Skit with Amy and Seth. . . "Fix it. Identify another problem. Fix it! Repeat as necessary until it is all fixed!"

#167706 - 12/15/08 12:31 PM Re: extra fees [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
More people heading for Vegas again due to the lower $1.67 gas prices. California people drive here for the holidays and I am hearing many hotels are full already with reservations. I hope people don't start splurging again on gas because that will cause the prices to go up again due to demand. I am keeping my frugal driving plan in effect, how about you?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved